Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

I checked the MS Store and there was no update. I started the sim and was promted to download the 17GB update. I then went to the MS Store, asked it to get downloads, and now it’s downloading the 1.23GB update for the launcher. So i think that this is what you’re refering to. If so, no, i was not prompted to update the launcher when i started the sim up.

2 Likes

LoL, I think I’ll wait until things sorted out. What a crappy piece of software :tumbler_glass:

5 Likes

Some licensing issue maybe? Weird, working fine for me here with the 1.15.7.0…

My update for the game and worldupdate seems to be done in one download from the marketplace, instead of a store update and seperate download as was before… Version is 1.15.7.0 though.

I think I already know the reason: Steam itself has still an update queued. Interestingly though the previous FS2020 1.14.6.0 version still started of what I believe must be the “World Update 4” (17 GiB in size).

I hope that “reversing the download order” still works. What can possibly go wrong… :wink:

2 Likes

Strange that the word is on the street but not in the release notes, where it should be.

10 Likes

Didn’t expect anything, but it is downloading 17gb for 1.14.6.0 here also.

With the first poll question, do you really seek feedback on CTDs during the download process or rather in-game after the update? Just wondering…

3 Likes

No, you have to have the correct version of the launcher to download the correct files, it’s all restricted to the version of the client/launcher.

1 Like

Let’s hope nothing, else you’ll be downloading a lot of data again. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Probably because the actual “client code” (FS2020 application) itself is not updated yet. In my case that update is now “queued” in the Steam download queue.

(But yeah, interesting to see the previous FS2020 client starting the actual “World Update 4” (17 GiB) download!)

I’ll just wait until that 17 GiB download is finished, restart Steam and wait unitl Steam has done its job. I hope it won’t have to re-download the same 17 GiB again…

1 Like

Checked MS Store, no update, launched sim, no update, no launcher update. Where is the Launcher update and what does it do? It’s sometimes many days before I’m offered the updates…

Why would you do that? If you know there is an update, but you don’t see it for the main application, why would you then open said application knowing that it might prompt you to download an update that is not compatible with your version of the application. Sometimes I feel that people really are just looking for trouble.

1 Like

Yes thats what it is, I saw there was a steam update so I quit the game download - started the steam download, and now the games reupdating with the right numbers in the sim window…whew close one lol ;p

Everything going smooth as always! Thanks Asobo!

3 Likes

I’m suspicious about the patch notes saying “Honeycomb device 10 degrees heading issue has been fixed”

First of all, the bug does not occur only with Honeycomb devices.

Secondly, it doesn’t only apply to the heading bug, but also a number of other knobs.

2 Likes

Patchnotes on the webpage (due to some copy/paste?) still mention 1.14.5.0 instead of 1.15.7.0

Well, very obviously that is not the case here, isn’t it? As you can see in my screenshot the current FS2020 client is still version 1.14.6.0, and yet it has just started to download 17 GiB… and Steam has an update for FS2020 (the expected 1.15.7.0) queued (but not yet downloaded, as the old FS2020 client is still running).

You’ll have to download the steam client for the update to show the right numbers. I killed the update and updated through steam 1st and then restarted and now all appears to be correct.

No update offered this morning, as of yet. Denver, CO.