Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

For everyone experiencing issues with multiplayer since WU4, there is now a voteable thread on the issue found here https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/mutli-player-stuttering-after-world-update-bug-report/391922

1 Like

Flew from Brussels to Amsterdam. Brussels was beautiful. But Amsterdam never fully loaded. Melted buildings. I even flew around the city to give them time to load, but they never did. But all the World Update looked just beautiful.

Yes that would be essential IMHO. And we would need to keep out all the comments, just a simply log forum topic, and a seperate topic for hyperbole and speculationā€¦oh and insults. Bwhahahah.

The thread is currently closed. You can not vote there.

Ah thanks! I messed up a bit in re-organising things and have corrected the link now.

The voteable thread is here: Mutli-player Stuttering after world update - Bug report

2 Likes

I donā€™t have that mod so thatā€™s not the issue I donā€™t think. The issue is with multiplayer. I donā€™t even fly with people but have that setting on and it crashes everything.

Well, if multiplayer is active, and anyone in your area has a mod, you get the freezes.
Which is why switching off multiplayer works. Unless I understood you wrong :slight_smile:

I uninstalled a lot of things to test a theory that less installed could improve performance. Now I canā€™t find the planes I uninstalled doh. Iā€™ll go down the list of planes and check them one by one.

I also uninstalled a bunch of airports I donā€™t intend to visit again, could be the airport as well. The content manager really needs some more categories than just installed/not installed. Itā€™s a mess navigating through all the content.

1 Like

Will the hotfix for the ā€˜not installedā€™ tag of the addons be available by the weekend ?

I downloaded when it came out. Ok, have the same issue with so called not installed items, but they are there. Yesterday I bought EDDH from sim wings. The whole apron, landing space and so on is covered with trees! So I did a new install of the whole 170 GB step by step. On an empty Community folder, i start at EDDH default, everything is fine, then I install EDDH from Sim wings and trees are back. So there is something really fuzzy going on with the update.

It was the Robin DR400/100 Cadet I was missing for the current landing challenge. Installing it didnā€™t register it until I restarted the sim. Working now :slight_smile:

Err, I collided with an object, no fly now button? I didnā€™t touch anything yet!

Now in the store MSLandscaper Simulator, unwanted bushes trees?, be a landscaper and clear them all away. $29.95 us when available.

2 Likes

My wipers are not working in A320. I turn them to slow or fast but they donā€™t move at all. My community folder is empty. Is this happening to anyone else?

If you have performance issues do not reinstalll wasted 6+hrs +data usage only to end up with the same results!!!

2 Likes

I stand corrected. :pensive:
I have made another effort to fly over the ā€˜Kinderdijkā€™ area and indeed the windmills are there
and not only that, but they actually turn. Thats truly well done. Actually the same with the giant wheel in London. That also turns.

2 Likes

its a glitch that has no influenze on the program. Clearly stuff is installed and msfs recognises it . This surely is a very low priority.

the simplest way to uninstall is to rename the Community folder to something like community.old
then make a new empty community folder.
You can then simply drag and drop stuff back into the new folder as you need.
MSFS wont look at the .old folder.

we had something similar in London. turned out to be the OBX landmarks add on.
Any OBX in your community ??
Just a guess, not verified.

I donā€™t have any community content, was just talking about the official FS2020 content in the content manager. But good to know for when itā€™s finally stable enough to start trying out external content!

Iā€™m afraid to try out what happens when I rename folders in the Official folder! Iā€™ve just been using delete and install from the content manager.

Itā€™s a challenge fitting FS2020 on a 256GB SSD next to Windows 10!

Was getting 50fps prior to update now getting 21-28fps! Anyone else seeing degradation in frame rates? Very frustrated!
System Specs
OS= Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF [10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz]
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB G DDR6X
32GB Dual Channel HyperX(FM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

1 Like