Discussion + Poll: World Update V (1.17.3.0)

Looks like Flightsim - 98, it is horrible.

The msfs never takes my temps that high, I was referring to stress testing with cinebench.

I’ve been bug-reporting that area since release, those reports even got a status of “solved” from Asobo, but still nothing got fixed. Bing actually have really good data of the area, but this has been replaced by a cloud texture.
And ESNZ / Åre Östersund suddenly got a big hole in the apron after the update.
Would’ve loved to see broken areas fixed instead of pretty much just POI’s

Send a request to Orbx :smiley:

Does anyone know what Airports are the new ones in this update, especially in norway?

They are all mentioned in the releasenotes and some users have posted them also on this forum. You can check the news topic from Jummivana of search the forum for it as I don’t have the topic ready right now. If you can’t find it let me know. Then I’ll search with you.

EDIT: found it for you:

1 Like

I was also disappointed to find no DEM update. Was really looking forward to that. Sweden for some reason has always been a kind of black hole in the sim world. I asked about a mesh for Sweden on the Orbx forum but no reply yet.

1 Like

Just some FYI, here, but I am experiencing most of my bottlenecks in the GPU in my lap-top. My CPU seldom if ever seems to be seriously challenged.

I typically loaf along at a solid 20FPS at 60HZ vert. refresh rate on my pathetic little 15" Lenovo lap-top screen. Trying to raise the cap to 30FPS brings stutters, jitters and just general overall pain to my flying experience in anything with a glass cockpit! :sob:

I hope that they are planning to reduce GPU loads somewhat, too!

The way to tell for sure what’s your limiting factor is to enable dev mode, open the build in frame counter, and see what’s limiting your performance. It will be main thread (CPU), GPU, or CoherentGT.

External tools can still give you an idea. But if you say your CPU is hardly used, changes are you’re looking at the total CPU load (typically low) and not looking at the individual threads. You should have one thread near 100% at all times (main thread), another 4 at medium load, and the rest only used by system background resources.

In my case performance is better after windows update KB5003690 :smiley:

WHats going on ?
I got the Update 1.17.3.0 back on 6/17/21

Been flying most days since then.

Then this afternoon, I get an update saying it’s also 1.17.3.0 again, (but smaller).

Did they sneak a Hot-Fix in for something, without saying what it was ???

I suggest you follow this thread:

I’ve been using the Game Bar performance option to watch my FPS, etc. I took your suggestion, though, using the Developer’s Mode.

The following screen capture shows my performance a few seconds after take-off from London City Airport, a very resource challenging place for my system. Live weather, photogrammetry, multi-player, etc. etc. everything turned on.

Would appreciate hearing what you think.

Eventually, I will upgrade my system!
Getting ready to move soon, and don’t expect I’ll be simming for a few months afterwards.

With a laptop grade GPU, it’s not really surprising to see that as being your limiting factor. Most people with 2000 series and above GPUs (especially desktop versions) will typically see CPU (main thread) limitation.

What is the model of CPU and GPU in your laptop? I run MSFS on a Razer Blade and I can rarely get the GPU to be the bottleneck. 10875h + 2080S max-q (pretty much a desktop 2070). Something doesn’t seem right to me with your setup unless you have maybe have a down-powered GPU. I get a minimum 30 FPS on mostly High, with a few items on Ultra at 70 Render Scale on a 4K display.

Yeah, the GPU is definitely my nemesis. It’s a GTX 1050ti, as Crunchmeister71 I think must have surmised.
CPU is an I7-7700HQ 4core 2.8ghz.

Some day I hope I’ll be able to fly smoothly at 30FPS. Today, I can just dream…

2 Likes

OK - that’s it then. I hope you also fly smoothly someday too! Best of luck!

Good update but still some bugs. Popped over to Briskdal Glacier and I found this:

For me it was “ENHANCED AIRPORT GRAPHICS by ZINERTEK”. See in the content manager if you have it installed… and delete it.

Same here… similar config HP Envy laptop, i7 10th gen, nice to have fast SSD, but Mx-330 and 16GB Ram won’t do… GPU is on 96% all the time, Ram at 80-95^%. For MSFS you actually need 2060 or 1080Ti at minimum and 32GB Ram. I have 16-20 FpS, with PG off and Low settings I can have 26 FpS, but i don’t like to fly in deserts. So I capped on 20 vsync… and take the 16-20FpS for granted… i prefer Medium settings, 80% rendering, with terrain LOD on 200. Since the Nordic update I have 20 FpS with that, outside the cities. For screenshots, I use Ultra. Wait for the best result.