Discussion + Poll: World Update V (1.17.3.0)

hahaha - even though in RL there are only two or three arrivals per day…

Each release seems to get worse. Started out not being able to find the update in the MS store, now when I try to start MSFS, it says gaming service required, yet gaming service is installed. How hard is it to create a load module that works?

Well, I am just reporting my findings. It was crashing originally, crashing with no Navigraph. NO crash after I renamed Community to Community.Temp and created a new one.

The only thing I can think of is MAYBE it’s because it’s too many people there, but I haven’t had this issue on previous challenges the day of release.

The Denmark Bush trip STILL has a broken VFR map even with a completely empty Community folder.

Too many people, that what I thought.
But there are addons, that can exist in community folder or in official folder, depending on wether they were purchase in marketplace or not.

Thanks for another great comparison. Although it is not out of the question that the areas updated with new DEM today are affected more badly than the others, you can see in my examples from the topic I linked to that lots of mountains and hills completely change shape at a distance just like your screenshot, and this problem has been ongoing for several months.

I just tested once again the area from that video and I’m not seeing any change, it looks just as horrible as it did before. This means they did not change the LOD distances in general, but maybe somehow they screwed up even further the shape retention of the new mesh in the Nordics.

For me, the ATC response was slow and the first ILS flight plan and flight I took had the approach way left perhaps 1/2 mile) of the runway. I switched off all AP/NAV and corrected for the landing. ATC stopped responding until I was clear of the runway.

Another thread is reporting it is the zinertek runway textures, or the Rex one

1 Like

HA! That might make sense! I DID have Zinertek. I am testing with JUST 3rd party aircraft right now. If this doesn’t crash, I will enable Zinertek and see if it crashes then.

I have zinertek texture too. Might be that

Yes. And they even put a ceramic looking apron instead of something that is perhaps supposed to be snow.

No crash with all 3rd party aircraft. I am gonna enable Zinertek now and see if that’s the culprit for sure.

Anyone get the Working Title CJ4 to work with the new update? My sim doesn’t load with it in the packages folder.
…just my luck eh… my fave plane I fly is grounded… for now.

I’ve had to reinstall GamingServices.

Then it finally saw the update in the store.

I used this procedure (on the top in red):

Talk about messy…

My sim was loading fine with CJ4. It may be something else for you.

2 Likes

My sim is also fine with the WT CJ4.

1 Like

hmm thanks. i’ll re-download the CJ4 and do a fresh install - sim loads fine with all my other folders…

CONFIRMED: Zinertek Airport Graphics causes CTD at BIIS. @Jummivana - Jayne, you MAY want to take note of it or have someone else try to replicate it, but for me, that was the X-Factor. :wink:

7 Likes

I just flew over it. Check again…

and the dutch houses are a mixmatch of german and belgium style houses :rofl: