Discussion + Poll: World Update V (1.17.3.0)

What are the bugs for today? Do we have new ones? Besides from the CTD for the Aerosoft Marketplace Version

I am disappointed with this update, there is no difference at all in the part of Sweden I live, the Bing maps are as bad as before, and full of weird visual artifacts like waterfalls in the lakes, and the tree drawing distans is still horrible with visual morphing.

4 Likes

This is a world update so they probably didnā€™t change much on the technical side.

Yeah, I have been crashing with the BIIS landing challenge on the regular basis. Right now I am trying it with a COMPLETELY empty Community folder (but still stuff in the Official folder from Marketplace purchases)

1 Like

keep us updated please. thx

Really nice update! Thanks Asobo to share this on time! :wink:

1 Like

Can anyone else confirm if they have had a CTD with the BIIS landing? Seen a few posts here. And if so, at what part does it crash?

Thanks!

7 Likes

Good topicā€¦ I votedā€¦ Itā€™s not I never saw mountains change in MSFSā€¦ details enhance when you approach. But near this place in Norwayā€¦ either they shortened the distances, widened the LOD or bothā€¦ something strange happens !

I restarted the sim. Below images I took with the default Norway DEM, the one distributed.

Notice this mountain shape change on approachā€¦ at SOME distance (1000m ? one mile?) there is a complete transformation. It changes from old mountain to young mountain in the blink of an eye, it does not change gradually, like it shouldā€¦ (when tesselation range is set ok :wink: )

:thinking:

I have to fly very near to get the last elevation updatesā€¦ can I still fly over that hole ? or will it be filled up

Iā€™ve never seen this happen so suddenly it seems like larger steps are takenā€¦ and the last step is nearer.

6 Likes

Loading landing challenge crashes and loading new flight from BIIS crashes

1 Like

for me about 40nm near BIIS. cant spawn at all at the airport

can select and plot course to BIIS while flying from other airport, even selecting approach works. Just CTD when near it

Download loop anyone?
First time it is happening for me, so not sure what to doā€¦

Edit: nevermind, it just worked after a few loops

I believe this update is more of a ā€˜business decisionā€™ made by Microsoft to sell in Xbox in the Nordics, for example they have added translations of the game to the languages used here.

The update does not add any real visual goodies to for example Stockholm, the satellite images are very poor. Iā€™m a bit disappointed. I skipped Sweden flew over to Denmark instead, much better. Compared to Paris though the difference is huge.

2 Likes

If you load in at BIIS, it crashes to desktop as you load in the flight. If you approach from another airport, it will crash as you get near it. Similar to how BIKF used to behave at launch. Didnā€™t notice how far I was when it crashed. Maybe 30 NM or so?

1 Like

in the store install the ā€˜newā€™ XBOX app , run new xbox app , check flightsimulator in the xbox app.
wait till xbox app changes the button ā€˜play Nowā€™ to Update now , then update msfs.

right after loading the challenge BIIS CTD

1 Like

@GhostlyFrend Yeah Zendesk are hopeless, First off told me to reinstall Visual C++ which I did and it didnā€™t make any difference Then they said reset the PC so I wiped the SSD RE-installed Windows & MSFS still CTD. I got back on to them told them it didnā€™t work and they told me to uninstall Visual C++ and reinstall, then they said reinstall Windows

SOā€¦ I just loaded the Live BIIS challenge with a COMPLETELY empty Community folder and only the Marketplace purchases in the Official folder. NO CRASH. So SOMETHING in there is causing it.

Funny thing is, I donā€™t have much besides MAYBE 3-4 sceneries, A LOT of aircraft and Working Title and PMS50 avionics packages. So itā€™s one of THEM.

Next step in testing will be to try to load ALL third party aircraft ONLY (no avionics)ā€¦ That will eliminate about 95% of everything else. Will report back.

Also, there were likeā€¦ 100s of people there. Could it be because that airport is the BUSIEST airport in the world right now?

3 Likes

So Iā€™m a couple of flights in now, and I have to say Iā€™m really not impressed with this update in the slightest. The locational (BIIS) crashes aside, it was stable. But the textures in the nordics look like hot garbage. The DEM only loads when youā€™re practically on top of it. Itā€™s like the LOD distance is under 5NM.

And overall, Iā€™d say performance is worse in terms of frame stability. No change in what I was getting in top end FPS, but itā€™s now jumping all over the place, especially when I look around. It can go from my ā€œnormalā€ (since WU3) top end of just under 30 to down into single digits, stutter there for a while, and then come back. Even in level cruise flight over unremarkable terrain atm, itā€™s jumping between 15 and 28 fps and stuttering like crazy.

And thereā€™s no live traffic anywhere. But thatā€™s been broken since yesterday. And I donā€™t think itā€™s to do with the client software released today. More than likely server side service thatā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā–  the bed and they havenā€™t reset it yet.

4 Likes

Strange, I had BIIS crash with a completely empty community folder. Must be caused be something outside the community folder

ā€¦It just showed up late.
None of this matter