Discussion + Poll: World Update V (1.17.3.0)

Unfortunately I cannot get the update whatever I am doing (restarting, checking store for update, checking xbox app for update). This is the first time occurring to me.

Iā€™ve said it before on every update and Iā€™ll say it again.

There are literally millions of folk all around the world busy updating and downloading this new WU and there will be a very heavy load on the servers. It must have an effect on the scenery files as well so weā€™re almost certain to have ā€œimperfectionsā€ until everything settles down.

Itā€™s happened in the past and no doubt will again in the future - give it a few days and it will get better.

Patience, my friends, patience!

4 Likes

I donā€™t have Navigraph but the apron is looking the same for me as I attempt to work my mod around the official version.

It has always been a royal pain up the ā– ā– ā– ā–  of a site and it looks like it still is.

I think this shows that payware and community DEM efforts will definitely be required going forward then. I was really looking forward to this but so far been disappointing

1 Like

Am I correct in understanding no new DEM has been included for Iceland? The way Jorg talked about it on the livestreams, the whole region was going to get awesome 1 meter or sub 1 meter mesh!

Hopefully the freeware Iceland 20m mesh still works :eyes:

1 Like

Thereā€™s no new height map for Iceland. The release notes for the World Update list the countries where new DEM data is used in detail.

hmm my sim crashes when trying to loainto BIIS anyone else with this issue? p.s happens to me on challenge and normal

1 Like

Still the same here too.

• Signing in out
  • Community folder empty
  • Reparing / resetting gameservices
  • Reparing / resetting store
  • Trying a VPN
  • Signing out / in of the sim
  • Troubleshooters
  • BITS service started

What happened to the good old days, where you would just download an installerā€¦ regressive ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦

Still 1.16.2.0ā€¦ the store doesnā€™t see an update. Iā€™ll go fly now. If thatā€™s still possible. Try again tomorrow.

@GhostlyFrend Yeah Iā€™ve been on here for months and tried everything suggestion, Win10 fresh install changed CPU,GPU MOBO, SSD & RAMā€¦ Nothing in Community folder MSFS Low/Med settings, render Scale 100% - OpenXr Render Scale 50%ā€¦ Iā€™ve really tried everything nowā€¦ Was working great up to WU 3 then started CTDā€¦

The weakest WU by farā€¦

3 Likes

Were you on the last beta? If so, leave the beta through the xbox insider app to trigger the update

1 Like

No problem updating on my Alienware Area 17 laptop,
and sim running ok except for parked aircraft no longer have liveries (this in EKCH).
Might be because I fly the FBW A320?

it is yes, bad bing image source.

Thanks for the tip, but no, I was never part of a beta.

Yes this worked for me! Thank you! Now itā€™s found the update. Strange how I need to leave a Beta thatā€™s no longer active. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Surprised by some of the negative comments on here (or perhaps not given the reaction to previous free content Iā€™ve seen). This is a free update containing quite a lot of new airports, POIs, landing challenges, bush trips etc. The scenery itself is clearly limited by available data, satellite pictures etc. If you believe the update isnā€™t good enough for you, then simply uninstall it - no one is making you use it and itā€™s not costing you anything.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are having a blast.

14 Likes

Thanks but I tried all that. It turns out I had to leave a preview Beta (thatā€™s no longer active) in the Xbox insider hub for the Windows store to find the latest update. Itā€™s now working :).

1 Like

Yay! I wasnā€™t aware that a new variable had come into play :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i narrowed it to loading in at BIIS so im trying a small flight to BIIS as another test

Thatā€™s not good man! Iā€™m sorry to hear. In these cases I always tend to think that there must be a way to pinpoint the issue. Did you try the zendesk route as well?