Discussion + Poll: World Update V (1.17.3.0)

Yes, I think that must have been the site that I had in mind! As the author of some open source app for FS 2020 myself I know the hard labour - and love - that go into such products myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is like that in other parts of Scandinavia. In Sweden if you fly low tiles with a filter populate exactly like thatā€¦.

Looks like preliminary work of the new seasons feature :wink:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t Bornholm itself even translate to ā€œthe place of dark and sunny halfā€? :wink:

1 Like

A specific example is some apartment buildings called ā€œTre TĆ„rnā€:

One of these are tagged with ā€œlevel: 14ā€.
With default generic buildings, these towers are generated as 5 story apartments. With nordic buildings installed, they become 1 story. Uninstalling nordic buildings from content manager brings it back to 4-5. Incorrect in either case, but worse with the nordic buildings applied.

EDIT: I suppose it may be incorrect tags used (or at least not tags that the AI considers). Other buildings use ā€œbuilding:levelsā€, which get represented correctly.

I like the idea of a system that will enable the community to make corrections and additions on this level of detail. Also, would be great if the data is regularly updated from source data, so we could make corrections to and/or enrich metadata in Open Street Maps.

1 Like

Great :+1:
The Island is in fact called ā€œThe sunny islandā€.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to try this flight again tonight or over the weekend. I had HDR enabled, so the screenshots I took of the green snow were so blown out that itā€™s impossible to really see. Iā€™ll try again with HDR off. Maybe it was HDR causing it in the first place. It shouldnā€™t, but Iā€™m not dismissing it as the cause either until I can try it without.

For real? :slight_smile:

ā€žSo where there is sun, there shall be shadow.ā€œ

ā€” Old computer graphics guru proverb

:wink:

(To be clear: I was just joking - I have no idea about the meaning of ā€žBornholmā€œ, the island it is located on or, in fact, whether it translates to anything really. Itā€˜s just a cool sounding name! So no offense taken, Bornholmians ;))

Ok, I also had an Update from roughly 5,2 GB. Unfortunately no PoiĀ“s at all. But hey Traffic :slight_smile:

Did you check the Marketplace for the Nordic Update? Also, there will be additional content in the Content Manager.

Where are the 5 landing challenges and the bush trips. Canā€™t see it in the activities.

While looking at an unrelated, CTD issue at BIRK, I saw exactly the same thing while whizzing the drone camera about. Iā€™ll upload a short videoā€¦err, shortly. :wink:

I have only ever seen this phenomena once before, and that was was while flying East along that chain of islands heading towards Alaska. I remember thinking at the time it was probably LOD related, as it was very obvious for a particular island. When I moved closer the terrain turned white, and when I moved away it turned green, all in that block pattern.

I did, no update there only the 5,2 GB I downloaded. And so I went to Arlanda, look at the pic. Btw. the Landing Challenge is there.

Sure you can, you can uninstall the world update from the content manager if you want to.

You need to ā€˜purchase and installā€™ the free world update from the in-game marketplace.

3 Likes

Interesting. For me, in-game was the same as you, about 5.2GB and the Marketplace download (WU5 - Nordic) was an additional 3.53GB. Then there was about 174MB in the Content Manager.

1 Like

You can see the terrain squares changing, and it looks like their brightness is changing between LOD levels.

2 Likes

This has been happening for the Isle of Man I believe since release. EGNS airport. Real shame.

Then itā€™s time for a whole new flight simulator. We live in the land of eternal twilight.

Thanks, found it. Looks like I also forgot to download the last world update file too from the market place. Downloading both now.
There goes another few hours of downloading. Maybe this should be all incorporated into one update, instead going into Marketplace and downloading add-ons that are part of the update.