Discussion + Poll: World Update V (1.17.3.0)

It wasn’t a surprise it was mentioned in the last dev q & a.
As far as I know there is no updates for the 27th June.
And this is a world update where they update various regions of the planet.

It’s Sim updates that include new features and bug fixes and the next one of those is Sim update 5 due in late July.

2 Likes

Same is true for gabled houses in the Netherlands last patch.

It is a bit of a shame no photogrammetry cities added at all, Google have dozens of nordic towns in high quality PG. I don’t like blacksharkAI archetypes, fake and cheesy.

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything from the latest WU uploaded yet, but if you want to find locations with copy/paste coordinates and water masks, you can search for “corals” “reef” “reefs” on https://flightspots.co/

If I have time, I could go through and tag all locations with “watermask” to make it easier maybe, hmm :thinking:

4 Likes

The devs may simply add special markers for the water mask spots across the globe so will be pretty easy to visually locate where to find this sort of eye candy.

1 Like

Gotcha! I missed this last Q&A. The pleasant surprise just turned unpleasant, btw. My first CTD in a long time. Bone-chilling.

2 Likes

If it helps anyone else, the only way I could get the MS Store version to recognize the update was to log out of my Store account. As soon as I logged out, the download popped up and the download started on its own.

I had to log back into my MS Store account when starting the sim. If not, then the insert disc message appears.

Seems strange I would need to log out to get the download to start.

are you sure you switch on the online data ? seems like your sim is totally offline.

unfortunately not, still same stupid CTD as soon as I load the CRJ. Asobo/MS, please fix this →

1 Like

Sorry, that’s just how it looks with all online textures on. You can check for yourself, the area is at 64.947385, -23.325891, at the northern side of the Snæfells peninsula.

1 Like

You need to exit sim and then restart it.

2 Likes

What plane were you trying to fly? Sounds like there might be some CTD issues with 3rd party planes after this update.

gonna take those 1st places beofre the masses start doing the challenges :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Go to the Marketplace and check the free items in the store. There’s an additional download. I had the same scare, lol, and the lovely people of this forum helped me out.

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve updated to latest version. But my Vaasa Aiport (EFVA) is not the same as in trailer. I also empty community folder. Did I miss something?

1 Like

Great update, nice with a bush flight and airport per country, that was a nice touch! Love all the POI:s! I can totally understand it’s difficult to get the photogrammetry data as Jorg explained in the Q&A, so that is fair enough.

Only disappointment was the lack of elevation data for Sweden and Iceland, hope that can be added later on, as it makes a big difference! (though not sure what it is right now)

3 Likes

did you download the optional update for the nordics from the marketplace?

1 Like

then the new update title should be edited as world disaster V, your snap looks like such a turn off, even worse then FS2002 textures.

1 Like

No, just update from steam and ingame.

games crashes for BIIS landing chanlenge. Only place it crashes so far (normal flight at biis crashes too)

3 Likes