Discussion + Poll: World Update V (1.17.3.0)

Textures on Svalbard are also very sketchy. This is just after taking off from the new handcrafted Svalbard airport.

5 Likes

Water masks are (nearly) everywhereā€¦

Not true. Checked out some photogrammetry in Copenhagenā€¦ see belowā€¦ but donā€™t put your screenshots in medium, this is ultra,

3 Likes

maybe danes should sculpt a bigger mermaid to attract masoboā€™s attention.

2 Likes

Same issue hereā€¦

1 Like

Woha! Great site - totally bookmarked :slight_smile:

There was once a similar site, but it somehow disappeared. Could it be that this is the successor of that site? :slight_smile:

In any case: a great resource! Thanks!

1 Like

Copenhagen PG has been in the sim since day one, Iā€™m talking about the fact that no new nordic PG additions at allā€¦ no Oslo no Stockholm no Helsinki no nothingā€¦

5 Likes

Copenhagen is covered with PG since day one, in August 2020.

3 Likes

If the MS Store is not offering the download and you were in the ā€œBetaā€; make sure you ā€œLeave Previewā€ from the Xbox Insider Hub app.

2 Likes

TBF, thats not new, it was there since launch.

3 Likes

you may need to visit marketplace to add the updated handcrafted airports.

Yes, I understand. Downloading from market place. Thank you

1 Like

And before someone asks if my online textures work correctly, this is the same area of Svalbard Iā€™m looking at a few posts above, just in Bing maps. The satellite imagery is simply bad in many places even with the World Update, and the sim just uses what is there.

6 Likes

such a flop

1 Like

Hmm I had no older images of Copenhagen, are you sure ? I checked the outskirts, not the center. There were programmatic as well as photogrammetry downloadsā€¦ But no cities were namedā€¦ and I noticed this WU is quite smallā€¦ Gonna check out Norway tonight ! Keep in mind there is a 20m DEM (6G) on flightsim.to and Iā€™m definitely going to compare that ! The size of that data is about the same as this update, at least the download of itā€¦

1 Like

Also check out the content manager as there were 9 updates in there for me as well.

2 Likes

@Hester40MT the insider app CRASH when i click ā€œLeave Previewā€!!
i cannot get out of the beta, and canā€™t install the new update.

btw great that nobody says it and im 1 hour trying to updateā€¦
please let me know how i can leave the beta.

DId you install the 2 world update packages from the MS Store?

1 Like

very low draw distance and morphing mountains constantly in norway

I suspect server load issues for some of this

1 Like

Nah, itā€™s not. Itā€™s missing and low-res Bing imagery, as I explained a few posts above.

2 Likes