Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

MODERATOR EDIT:
Yes I hope this will be removed looks so stupid and unrealistic somehow that destroys the beauty

Ja ich hoffe das wird entfernt sieht so blöd und unrealistisch aus irgendwie macht das die schönheit kaputt

Austria bush flight is a mixed bag. Cloud reflections spoil it an terrain is inconsistent

I’m might be off the path as the path disappeared in leg 1 and I’m just heading to Salzburg (leg 2) here passing over Traunsee at Gmunden.

Volumetric clouds and Raymarched? Reflections on Ultra.

That has hardly anything to do with the bush flight, it’s just a general issue.

Maybe this game is not for you.

Calm down. I love the game and have played it for over 100 hour since it hit Xbox. There’s a reason I’m complaining about Berlin and only Berlin.

(Those are supposed to be POIs, btw)

I resetted my cache, turned photogrammetry off and on, and it’s still the same. I have a 300 Mbits connection. Frankfurt looks perfect, and so does the other regions that received a World Update, but Berlin looks like it’s been bombed.

Berlin looks wonderful if you compare it to vienna, thats a battlefield

Just a note on toolbar arrow. I noticed since last WU6 update it does go away when I change views with the hat switch on my hotas. It then stays away even when I switch to say an external view, and only comes back when I move the mouse.
Now my ideal implementation would have been to see it time out to disappear without changing views on the hat switch, but just thought I’d point this out as I think it’s a change that’s new. I certainly can’t recall seeing it disappear with out an intervention by me on the keyboard before.

That got broken inSU5 if not even a bit earlier.

Is your internet provider throttling you. There are several companies in the uk that does this and some don’t but when you are pulling lots of data and granny wants to do her online shopping, fair use comes into play. Fortunately the provider I have doesn’t throttle.

It also disappears if you move the mouse a little having used an xbox controller - the mouse movement triggers the fade to work again. The bar seems to stay permanently on screen if you’ve used an xbox controller [edit- not sure if this includes a HOTAS controller] until you use either the mouse or keyboard. Easiest workaround is the mod, second easiest is to just move the mouse a tiny bit (or press up arrow or something benign on the keyboard) and wait for the fade. Honestly, installing the mod takes seconds and it works so well. I get that we shouldn’t have to, but not doing so just feels like cutting our own noses off to spite our face.

1 Like

You need to either clear your cache (may fix it) or download WU6 to fix it.

1 Like

ASOBO EDDS :sunglasses:

1 Like

I got CTDs since WU6. Had them after SU5 and fixed them by redo my OCs. Im so sick and tired of fixing this sim over and over again after every patch to find erros the developers didnt find in their non existing testing phase. CTDs are such big frustrating immersion killers. Please Asobo, fix this game. It could be soo good.

There is sadly no mod on an XBox. It’s new behaviour for me on the XBox.

Ah! Sorry - didn’t realise you were on xbox.

1 Like

tbh I don’t nkow why there isn’t a general ui option for ‘hide when cursor not in use’ or something. Seems like an obvious add in to the options somewhere.

Yesterday all was great with the sim, today did a one hour flight cross country in Norway and I’m getting intermittent CPU spikes causing sound distortion.

The CPU normally runs at around 35% but the spikes are sending it up to 80-85% and these sound blips are really off putting. I keep thinking its going to crash the sim as that’s what happened with SU5 when this was happening.

I’ve tried with an empty community folder also, same problem.

I just don’t get how things can be great one day and a mess the next.

I’m unsure as to where to begin with troubleshooting this problem.

Apart from this one issue the sim is really good performance wise. Like I said, yesterday I was happy as Larry with this sim.

Anyone with any ideas greatly welcomed.

1 Like

It always used to disappear before SU5. I don’t have an XBox Controller. It would appear if you moved the mouse, even if you were nowhere near it, then fade out when you stopped moving the mouse.

Without one of two mods I’ve heard of it now stays on permanently. A relatively minor irritation that really should not have left the developers workstation if they had better internal quality control.

It’s disappearing now when I change view with hat switch (Hotas) on XBox anyway. It stays hidden until I move the cursor/mouse again. It was sticking around more before and onlt hid with hit of arrow key on keyboard. I just wish they’d allow turning it off as a choice in options.

Clearing cache did not help but installing WU6.

1 Like