Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

I can’t install the update, it just loops and loops and loops on the file fs-base-0.1…something.

I’m on steam and I have tried everything. It’s incredible. What even is this game anymore?

Thank you for the reply.

I’ll try high and see how it goes!

That’s because many users can’t find the update in the Windows store…

this was a rough start;
First the community gave me a tip about the new xbox app “needed”
Then has been downloaded very fast (yeah!) but stucked twice in 2Gb
Then couldn’t start a flight as it gave me CTD during generating a route
After 3 tries at the end it downloaded an extra file, now everything is fine
ATC has been fixed -thanks
FPS (everything is on ultra -the new caching slider as well) is steadily 55-60 (limited) and it doesn’t matter whether on a busy Gatwick or Paris airport or in the air.
Atm and knock on wood - am happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol My bad I thought you were on PC version. You’re welcome though. Hope you get around a fix!

1 Like

Anyone know what the SU4 equivalent of that new caching slider would be? We’re we High or Ultra back then?

Did you test this on 2D and VR or just 2D? Thanks for the testing and post as well.

I was using LOD 300 and it seemed to be targeting 8-9gb of RAM and VRAM whereas previously it targeted 6-7. I have 32gb RAM and 24gb VRAM. Will try report further on other settings later.

1 Like

As far as I know there was no culling/caching system prior to SU5, everything was always rendered, so I imagine Ultra is SU4 equivalent. I could be wrong, though

2 Likes

do i need to install bing maps?

After the update I had the problem that Stuttgart Airport was a mixture of the old and the new. After a reboot I didn’t have the problem anymore and it looks really good. But the fair over the autobahn is still ugly. On the screenshot from the World Update, however, the fair is good and true to the original with the BOSCH logo. Is it the same with you?

Just updated, started on Runway 28 at Zurich and noted a lot of flying lights around me! They seem to be in the sky and when i switch my point of view the lights are „turning“ around the aircraft…anyone else with this problem???

Look the lights in the lake of Zurich behind the plane!

4 Likes

I run my sim using the stock “High” global setting. After the update I found the precache thing defaulted to “high” for me. My system isn’t as beefy as yours. I would think “ultra” for you, no less than “high” for sure.

Oddly, the update turned off my rolling cache which for me helps with the smoothness looking around.

1 Like

get 1.19.8.0
get WU 1-5 from content manager
dont get WU6simply not there

In ms store it tries to download something - get error Code: 0x80073CF9

Have you downloaded the the world update from the store. I forgot to do that once.

I hope they realize that they need to open the weather up to 3rd parties. REX’s didn’t take a year to make nor have any show-stopping bugs.

I wonder this too but if I’m not mistaken I don’t think this parameter was even a thing before SU5. But if I am mistaken and I had to take a guess, I would say ultra. I don’t remember any pop-in at all in the sim pre SU5 and there is no pop-in at all in Ultra. In high you can still see a little bit in cities.

Yup, done that. Just updating all other content in content manager right now, but WU6 itself didn’t give me Vienna in Photogrammetry…

1 Like

Just 2D. I don’t have a VR kit unfortunately :frowning:

Beautiful game! (but do not zoom and look only in close range of the aircraft) …

1 Like