Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

I can confirm that installing Xbox app finally did it for me.

I spent last hour and half going through all the various “troubleshooting” guides, restarting my PC 20+ times, this has finally hone it. I opened the Xbox app, hit “play”, got the usual “mandatory update…”, went to store, now it’s downloading.

2 Likes

still getting this

j

What Flight Level were you flying at?

30,000 was the cruising altitude

1 Like

Yes, the twitch Q&A from Asobo, I believe, is September 8 (tomorrow). First one they’ve had since SU5.

1 Like

still no update available in the MS store, here in Austria

1 Like

Has some Romper Room graduate inadvertently applied the necessity for upgrading to the Windows versions when in reality it is only ready for the Xbox version??

1 Like

Not heard anything about this yet but I can confirm the T Flight HOTAS key binding is still utterly broken on XBOX. Really surprised this hasn’t found a fix yet when it’s the only peripheral that’s really available right now for this platform.

Suppose they’re not console centric after all :joy:

I just gave up and reinstalling from scratch again. I love update day.

1 Like

I had this a lot with SU5 too, and only since SU5 and not before, and it was random where sometimes they saved and other times I would log in and all would be re-set to Default Low for graphics. An annoying waste of time to have to fix it every so often…I had hoped WU6 would somehow address this bug.

2 Likes

I don’t think we can compare it, since SU5 seems to have completely rewritten the sim. I’m not an expert, so this is just conjecture, but even with pre-cache setting set to ULTRA, on 4k ULTRA settings and HDR, I’m still seeing some popping (nothing major, can totally get over it, but it’s there – also, when you’re at FL300, let’s say, you can tell the LOD distance drawing is still limited).

Note, my findings are still using the default LOD of 2.0 in the user config file - haven’t tried increasing it, as I’ve done every other update before.

I started downloading and it stopped with about 3 MB left and wouldnt budge after 30 mins so i restarted MFS and still the same and after restarting my pc it says i need a 59GB update??! anyone know why?

try clearing out all of your cache in DATA tab of settings

No program repair delays surprise me now. The airport history list still contains only one airport I have used and 2 others that came by default. I have to search every time! This was reported long ago. Of course I can’t verify that is still the case because now the sim won’t run at all due to this ridiculous update bug.

2 Likes

Something is totaly broken with night lightning…!

In stalling the Xbox app enabled me to update my pc disc version to WU6

My congratulations to all the team. It just keeps getting better and better. I got banned after SU5 for insulting all the haters on here; so I’ll just leave this here. An absolutely amazing achievement.

1 Like

Hopefully somebody will ask them why the hell the displays go blank in glass cockpit aircraft, but in particular the A320, an hour or so into every single flight. Genuinely intrigued as to what the explanation is, and why it’s stull a problem, as this is apparently been an issue since day one. And now it’s even more prevalent seemingly, on the Xbox. The Series S in particular.

1 Like

Yikes, hadn’t heard of this issue before – I don’t have it because I use Fly By Wire’s 320, not Asobo’s. Day and night better.

Keeping getting CTD during the initial download.

After I did the whole rediculous XBox App workaround, the download crashed with roughly 92% left to go. Had to then “repair” via the MS Store and try again. When I relaunched, I learned that it apparently progressed far enough that I’m now running 1.19.8.0 as I had the run in Safe or Normal Mode option. Chose normal and a split second after the download resumed (during a decompression of something)…CTD.

Back to MS Store to repair and relaunched. When I got to the Safe or Normal option, chose Safe. A split second after the download resumed (during a decompression of something)…CTD.

Good grief, Microsoft. It’s not like you just started out in the software industry yesterday. Stop acting like it. :roll_eyes:

1 Like