Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

You really think a 3840x2160 image scaled down to 1920x1080 doesn’t look any different than native.

Well, whatever dude, believe what you want to believe, but there’s a reason why people set it above 100%, even if you refuse to believe it. FlyingBear01 explained it to you perfectly.

I have all the same bugs as i did with SU5.

Mouse pointer dissapears and gets pushed to corner of the screen when panning in the cockpit.

The terrain LOD is still broken at 200

No. Because EDDP is the 2nd greatest freight airport in Germany, and ASOBO has to make an update of this airport. The rollway over the Autobahn is ridiculous.

1 Like

It’s usually the ones who encounter problems that post more - which is understandable. That’s why you have to be careful judging a product by the comments in a forum.

I’m pretty happy with the sim as well. I took a quick flight over Mannheim (Germany) last night, night lighting was fine, everything was smooth, no crashes. But then again I only have a lowly GTX 970 with 3 GB VRAM and can only use medium settings. I understand that people with higher end graphics notice a bigger quality degradation over the last two updates.

1 Like

Because for >80% of their install base, it’s good enough for them to keep buying stuff in the marketplace. Just keep selling that Jam tomorrow. No Jam today, But jam tomorrow!

I am not impressed.
This is what Vorarlberg (the most western state of Austria, next to Switzerland) looks like after the update (same as it looked before).

(This is how that mountain looks IRL: Datei:Dornbirn Breitenberg 03.jpg – Wikipedia)

Drastic color differences between various images:

The Körbersee was voted as “Austria’s most beautiful place” in 2015. This is what it looks like in MSFS after a “World Update Austria”:

IRL: Körbersee – Wikipedia and BERGFEX-Sehenswürdigkeiten - Naturjuwel Körbersee - Warth - Schröcken am Arlberg - Ausflugsziel - Sightseeing

Nearby we have this monster:

Everything is on ultra, cache cleared, restarted PC and game - nope, that’s just how it looks I guess.

3 Likes

Had the same problem over the past few updates. My solution back then: reinstall the whole game. But now I found out a better way (thanks to some guys in the forum): you need to install the xbox app from the microsoft store. once open and logged in in the app, it tells you that theres an update for msfs. you can now open the microsoft store and it will show you the update and start the download and you can start msfs and it will update your files and you are ready to play :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t if native is 1920x1080. Also it’s not a choice, it’s a fact.

I wish they took their UI lessons from there at least.

It’s a mess. It’s a shame because it’s a really beautiful, immersive experience, when it works. But there are glaring issues that must be addressed. I’ve said in other threads that it’s reminiscent of Cyberpunk. Maybe not to the same scale, as that game was completely unplayable. But the developers do listen to feedback and seem to be able to identify important bugs, and address the problem. Asobo don’t seem to be able to do this. Not to a good enough standard, anyway.

Salty, thanks for a great effort to explain the render scaling function, certainly lifted the lid for me. I intuitively left it at 100 and now I know why that was a good decision, and saves me from the night lighting bug.

Had the same problem over the past few updates. you need to install the xbox app from the microsoft store. once open and logged in in the app, it tells you that theres an update for msfs. you can now open the microsoft store and it will show you the update and start the download and you can start msfs and it will update your files and you are ready to play :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still no physic improvments on the ground (with speed), so how do you want to release Ju-52, next taildragger without fixing this issue?

1 Like

Is there a noticeable difference using Raymarching?

You’re welcome! Yeah it’s a shame about the night lighting bug because I run in 1440p, so I like to drop render scaling down to 75% to gain fps, but with the bug I can’t.

1 Like

here’s another workaround (maybe someone else already mentioned it): you need to download the xbox app from the microsoft store. once installed and logged in, it tells you that there’s an update for msfs. you can now open the microsoft store and it will show you the update and you can start to download it. works fine for me and some other guys. we all had the same problems and none of the mentioned workarounds worked for us. hope this helps :slight_smile:

Most of the people who’ll buy it will just start in the air, take pictures, then log off to post them all over the internet, so ground dynamics don’t really matter.

Good Day Re WU6 . All the new activities in this up date are not showing up . The ads on the opening sequence shows but not in sim.

Just to state the very obvious: besides the app store (Steam or MS Store) and the initial (automatic/mandatory) updates you also need to go to the in-game “Marketplace” and install the optional World Update 6 - that one is not installed automatically (because, yes, it is optional).

Also make sure to update any other items in the Marketplace. Depending on your FS 2020 variant (Standard, Deluxe, Premium) the updateable items vary.

Or put differently, simply follow the detailed instructions given here (and a gazillion times elsewhere):

Specifically: “Download Instructions

So did you also install/update those optional items in the in-game Marketplace?