Discussion + Poll: World Update VII (1.22.2.0)

I feel your pain mate. Ive been moaning about PG for ages.

1 Like

Catch 22 without PG it also looks ■■■■

All world updates have been done this way. You “buy” them from the marketplace and manage them in content manager. That makes sure they are optional. This update also includes some changes to the other world update if you have them installed and so you can download those updates in the content manager .

so the 3rd party devs have to update, ms/asobo is not responsible here.
it seems there are still people that do now know how addons work

I know how addons work, thanks.

Im talking about care and quality. Go look at Cambridge Airport in Tasmania. Asobo left all the flat aerial images of the planes on the ground around the airport. And the cars.

Like I said, sloppy.

i dont see those, but this is a typical net issue somewhere, provider/server.
i dont play mp, maybe thats it?

oh yes, i sure do agree, but thats big business today.
i find the sim really quite good and it performs very well for me, on xbox tho.
and yes, i see a ton of issues…i fly in a way they dont bother me.

I think it bothers me because it was better before and this is supposed to improve the sim. But anyways…

You have low bandwidth on your connection to the PG servers.

1 Like

Or is it that the PG servers are overloaded when he tries to play?

Pc store version: Install was easy, fps excellent, scenery is impressive!

1 Like

That is also a possibility. Whenever a new World Update is released, you end up with lots of MSFS users flying in the same geographical area to check out the new scenery, and that could certainly tend to bog down the servers.

(post deleted by author)

We all have melted buildings. Do you have a precise location (coordinates) with a screensoit so I can double check on my side and compare?

1 Like

The developer wrote that the following cities are photogeometric:

• Perth
  • Cairns
  • Darwin
  • Townsville
  • Mackay
  • Bunbury

Very ugly buildings, no sign of photogeometry. Are these cities photogeometric?

1 Like

In the end, it was just a matter of forgetting on my part that for WU you had to update AND then “buy” the world update for free… I never failed to remember for past WU but this time… :joy:

I wish they’d simply download the WU content at the same time they update the game at launch. It makes zero sense to keep them separated :smiley: I saw a lot of people making the same mistake this time again although they were not new to WU

1 Like

They are. Some have limited photogrammetry though, like Sydney pretty much only have its Central Business District modelled whereas Townsville and Perth for example have a very large photogrammetry cover.

If you don’t see them, remember you have to “buy” for free the World Update 7 content through the marketplace after the 1.22.2.0 update is applied.

makes sense. I presume this is down to my internet provider or should I select a different online server ingame?

It may just be server overload. I would wait a few days to see if it improves.

2 Likes

This has been a constant battle for me not just this update!

Ive always had melted buildings.