Discussion + Poll: World Update VII (1.22.2.0)

Given your spec, you can afford to crank up your Terrain LodFactor and ObjectsLoD at least both to 4.000000 in your UserCfg.opt file and see if that makes a difference for melted PG buildings. Your LODs factors may be too small and PG can be quite dependent on it. Ingame options don’t allow to go past a certain factor but editing UserCgf.opt directly allows to go higher.

1 Like

Can you be more specific about the lack of quality? I wanted to buy it but now I’m wondering if I should.

Thanks!

Read this thread:

1 Like

I think 4 (400) is possible from the graphics section.

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Well, at least they are not whining about the clouds anymore… so I guess we can call this… progress?

Why Oh why would they add new bushtrips without actually fixing the bushtrip feature?

It makes no bloody sense….

2 Likes

Well, fixing functionality is done in SU (sim updates) while new scenery und bushtrips come in WU (world updates). Makes perfect sense.

We just have to wait for SU8 and hope bushtrips are fixed…

Welcome back random CTDs. One step forward, two steps back. Every blessed time.

We have to be precise:
Tout baigne dans l’huile
Everything bathes in oil.

Have you checked your latency and ports? Try setting up a new DNS four your router (such as google). The official zendesk suggests that as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help!

Got the full update now.

1 Like

For Terrain LOD yes, but object LOD is still limited to 200 in the graphics section. Dunno if going past 200 in UserCfg does make that much of a difference though.

1 Like

Yep, I’ll give it go today

It sure does make a difference. The higher you go, the further the draw distance.

1 Like

Let’s replace the word “mountain” with any popular POI to check the logic of the argument. How about Eiffel Tower? Let’s check it out…

The Eiffel Tower is misplaced ‘several km’s’. Man, what a tragedy.

Mountain, Eiffel Tower, if it’s “misplaced” by several km’s then it’s probably not as advertised, not as designed, not being reverse engineered by the competition to see how it’s done.

Are cars sticking out of the terminal as part of a big world update a tragedy? No, but it doesn’t present a good picture for quality control

2 Likes

Thank you so much, if you can report your findings in the following thread it would be great.

1 Like

The bridges at the end of Fremantle Harbor are also broken.

Summary

This text will be hidden

Here is a map-view of all newly added airports in MSFS with Worldupdate 7

Cheers, Simon

1 Like

This is the best World Update we’ve had. The PG is high quality and performance is good. Keep it up.

4 Likes