Discussion + Poll: World Update VII (1.22.2.0)

It looks as if the PG bridge has two parts. The width of the river is about 10 meters off, the two parts overlap ?

My first impression of the AUS update is very positive… so many new POI’s to flyby… :+1: MS/Asobo and all Australian teams involved… it looks great

It is possible I’m afraid to say. I don’t use any of those cleaner programmes. It’s not from steam.

Oh maybe it’s just some planes then…

The satellite data along the bush trips of Australia is not the greatest so far.

gordongreig posted the same bridge and it looks great:

Have you tried deleting the rolling cache file? :

Worse update yet. Nothing but CTD even with an empty Community Folder.

Here is a checklist of steps which may help.
Good luck!
If you have used the Google map replacement, uninstall it using it’s uninstaller.
Ensure any third party antivirus programs (Avast, AVG, etc) are shut down.
Ensure you have an open path through the Window’s firewall.
Ensure all Windows updates are installed.
Make sure the time and zone in your PC settings are correct.
Sign out of the xbox app on your PC, and shut down Xbox app.
Sign out of MS Store App, and Shut down same.
Shut down computer.
Unplug all controllers, except mouse and keyboard.
Restart computer.
Open and sign into Xbox app.
Open and sign into MSStore.
Reboot computer again.
Ensure all addons are removed from the Community folder, and any 3rd party plug-ins such as Navigraph etc., are uninstalled.
Try sim.
Plug in controllers.

It’s a scenery update not system so it’s very likely a conflict with a marketplace mod. If you do not feel like deleting them to test then keep an eye out for known issues while you wait for their devs to produce a fix.

I don’t have any marketplace scenery. So no community files and no marketplace scenery.

I sent them the additional files they requested. They also want a screenshot of the problem?!? ■■■, am I supposed to catch the CTD as it happens and take a screenie.?

Well then it shouldn’t happen and sounds like a system stability issue. Do other games and apps also have problems?

No there is not a single issue with my machine. It is only about a year old (i9 10900K, RTX 3080, 64GB Ram, 2TB M2 Firecuda.) Everything is running rock solid except the last update dragged MSFS when it worked perfectly a few days ago.

I deleted all the content and I am downloading the entire game again.

Edit: Now the game is crashing on the installation manager screen. This is not a scenery issue, but a major issue with the game version!

I’m not sure about that as there really seems to be very few with new issues posting on here. This was not a sim update afterall.

Agreed. Had no issues whatsoever. Great experience.

1 Like

For me this is the best MSFS hands down. Loving the support, world updates etc.

This update was the quickest download and installation yet. The performance seems to have improved also. Great work asobo! Its worth every penny!

3 Likes

Cache gets deleted with every update, part of my post update process.

Mine looks nothing like the reference post, all PG everywhere plus other countries looks horrendous…

I have a 500mb connection now, and I can get really close to that with steam or streaming movies.

Hi
I managed to discover that my content manager goes blank when I enable the liveries for the 747.
I checked every single one and all are updated to latest version.

So what is causing the content manager not to load if these are updated? If I remove them the CM works

Thanks
Carlos

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help ! Appreciated

Have you tried running this bufferbloat test mentioned in this post:

Are you Xbox or PC?
What liveries are you talking about, and where did you get them?

nVidia hotfix on drivers 511.72. Hopefully, that is the trick and 1.22.2.0 can finish reinstalling.

1 Like