Discussion + Poll: World Update VIII: Iberia (1.24.5.0)

I’m sure it will along with other updates in content manager for other WU areas.

Very slow download here, with lots of pauses. Guess the servers are getting hammered.

use express vpn!

You will find it in the marketplace, downloading pretty slow for me at the moment!

I use Malwarebytes Privacy VPN, but have it disabled atm.

15 min of downloading the mandatory 2Gb - now for the extra 7Gb of Iberian peninsula.
EDIT: Took 25 min. Then there are a few updates of already downloaded content in Content Manager (some hundred Mb’s). So now finally World updated after 55 min. Happy as a lark!

1 Like

It’s downloading so slow because the files are so small. If it was one large file it would DL 50 times faster.

1 Like

Sounds great. The only drawback is, that there seems to be no Alhambra as POI and/or Granada as PG City… this is a bit surprising.

I’ve been at it for near 30 mins and it’s still only at 12% on a 100Mbs fibre. :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t see the release notes in this forum. Aren’t they published?

Very straightforward update process with good download speeds.

Pleased to see some other updates in there too but had hoped to see a fix for UK photogrammetry amongst them. Sadly it’s still a dogs dinner so here’s hoping for SU9.

They are announced for 13.00Z.

My initial download was 1.2GB.

Then the data the sim downloads:

Also glad they solved the high-GPU usage on update, though I’m not sure I remember when they did that:

Another ~300MB for the previous world updates:

Finally, 7GB for WU8:

1 Like

So what happened to the Local Legend aircraft ?

Nothing in marketplace so far.

Will the Donier Wal be relased later today or has it been delayed ?

3 Likes

No updates on madeira island, nothing…

I believe Jorg said the Local Legend will be realised on Tuesday (29th), next week.

1 Like

Just had this pop up as soon as I reached the main menu:

Which then promptly disappeared all by itself, without me touching anything. I guess its just busy server day.

Ah OK, did not read that. Still very early for our American friends of course…

I see that number also, but it makes no sense. fs-base-0.1.205 is larger than 2.61GB alone.

No offense, but Madeira is not exactly part of Iberia…

Iberia is the Iberian Peninsula.

6 Likes