Discussion + Poll: World Update VIII: Iberia (1.24.5.0)

Compressed download.

I see.
thank you for this information.

1 Like

Hello, first post here!

I’m from Portugal, Lisbon.

Just played a few minutes, it looks great!

Bridge 25 abril, Cristo Rei, Estádio Alvalade (Sporting Clube de Portugal), Estádio da Luz (Sport Lisboa e Benfica), etc.

Thanks, Microsoft and Asobo!

20 Likes

Depends.
The upgrade is about Iberia and not Iberia Peninsula.
So Madeira and Açores should be covered because they are Portugal, so Iberia region.

1 Like

I know that. Something appears to be broken. I am having to download way more than 2.61GB

I think my argument abut Iberia is not valid as they added things on th Azores as another user pointed out.

Have they done anything to Gibraltar?

Xbox Series X starting a flight from Gibraltar. 3 green for me all is doing good

Regards

Cpt Vito

2m/px. WoW!!

4 Likes

Obvious, but is Azores ou canary island from Iberia and they added some things there

1 Like

I could have modified a file in that directory in the past. Probably my own fault then.

Despite this being a world update, there are a surprising number of other changes to the sim, like some LOD related files.

Some examples below:

D:\Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\asobo-simobjects-characters\SimObjects\Humans\Marshaller\animation.Marshaller_Female\Marshaller_Female.gltf
D:\Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\asobo-simobjects-characters\SimObjects\Humans\Marshaller\animation.Marshaller_Male\Marshaller_Male.gltf
D:\Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36-livery-01\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36_Livery_01\model.01\Bonanza_g36_LOD00.gltf
D:\Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36\model\Bonanza_g36_interior_LOD00.gltf
D:\Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-a320-neo\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO\model\A320_NEO_INTERIOR_LOD00.gltf

D:\Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-208b-grand-caravan-ex\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX\model\208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX_INTERIOR_LOD02.gltf

Plus many others. I used the following command to spit out a text file containing 18,067 changed files.

(Get-ChildItem -Recurse | Where-Object { $_.LastWriteTime -gt (get-Date).AddHours(-1) -and $_.Attributes -ne "Directory" } | Select-Object -ExpandProperty Fullname).Substring(37)

1 Like

But WHY does Asobo need to backdate all assistance settings to EASY???

This new release time is good for us in Australia. Most of America is still in bed and in Europe it is still early. Update was quick and flawless, still say you should not have in this modern age to download 3 different file sets, but it is what it is.

4 Likes

Barcelona looks beautiful, but I hope that they replace these monoliths to palms

3 Likes

Yep, the DEM is good.

I am preparing a bush trip through Andalusia since quite some time and did a comparison with an old screenshot:

Old:

New:

Terrain is much more pronounced, I like it!

14 Likes

Hey that’s pretty decent rendition of Montserrat. Looks great. Of course nothing can match seeing it in person, but I am impressed!

1 Like

i expected to see Malaga and Valencia airports, or at least one of them, handcrafted.

1 Like

I nabbed Porto, Lisbon-Humber, Porto, and Ponta Delgada airports in the Marketplace. All by MK. Lisbon was not on sale (because it is new), the other two were on sale. Humber and Porto are the 2 biggest airports in Portugal. Ponta Delgado is the Portuguese Aizores islands large main airport.

There are airports in Spain on sale too.

Yep. That was it. I’m having to download 10+ GB because I modified one 11 KB file (WorldmapFilters.xml)

Still the game says I only needed to download 2.61 GB which was wrong.

I’ll make my modifications in the community folder from now on.

1 Like