Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

Welcome to the nightmare we Alpha Tester went through for months on end. They say they are listening but the proof is in the results and the results are pathetic! I returned to X-Plane after their first failed attempt to correct the avionics and will not return until they put a real effort into making this product what they claimed it would be from day one. Hey! for you who missed out on being an Alpha Tester…Guess what…you just paid good money to become one. The Joke is on everyone who bought this Sim.

5 Likes

16.22GB out of an expected 2.09GB!!! Says it’s at 75% so wait and see!

I am pretty sure they admitted that this product is a new challenge for them and they are also learning along with community. Yes, i know they said it was a quick fix but tbh honest, it should be the least of their priorities. Asobo is very frank about their development and with so many bugs/glitch/new content, its pretty overwhelming, one can easily forget. It makes no difference whatsoever to simulation itself.

2 Likes

i was an alpha too. the sim was better then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep :triumph: still have to press ANY key!

I think I may have figured this one out. I think it was deleted/merged with another identical thread. If you go to the wishlist and sort by votes, this thread is open at the top:

This is also the thread that is on the top of the wishlist in the dev updates

Mine is 16.75 Gb. I don’t get it.

I’ve just updated the sim, and the “PRESS ENTER” is still there, but I actually don’t have to hit enter, the sim continues to load.

Downloading the same file over and over again maybe?

They should really make a better launcher/downloader…

1 Like

Ha! I had this over the weekend and was like wtf!? I just got a brand new speaker set with subwoofer and thought maybe it was something odd with the sub at first. Then I eventually heard the full thunder and recalled reading about this issue. Yeah, was clear skies and the sound of thunder going on.

Thank all the comments that help us so much,
On the other hand, I think that Asobo must give a vote of confidence, it is true that there are many errors, but we are seeing that they are working to solve them, I am also like many others in the forum, I prefer quality to quantity,

To those who complain about “press any key to continue”, I think that much more important errors are being solved, think that there are even people who do not reach that screen, and they also have the right to enjoy the sim as much as you.

On the other hand, if you still think that this is a serious mistake, you can excuse yourself that today is “Tuesday 13”, and voila,

Thanks to all of you for helping those of us who are not developers, and we need the help of veterans.

Greetings.

I took two short flights in the A320. Both were ok, no issues, no crashes, VFR map doesn’t crash anymore, the airplane seems a bit more responsive. Both times I started from cold&dark without issues or need of restarts.

The ILS approch indicators (the magenta cubes) were missing, so was the ILS freq, but the plane captured the localizer and the glide slope anyway and started descending, although the FPD was showing no g/s capture or ILS info at all. This was a bug i encountered before 1.9.5 one time, so I’m not counting it here.

2 Likes

Go to content manager and update two japan files. It will fix the issue.

That it isn’t good for the development of the product if reasonable criticism is silenced. Should be obvious, shouldn’t it?

I mean, X-Plane works so. Maybe MSFS will in a year or two, hopefully.

4 Likes

If this are they best, I have a bad feeling about this.

4 Likes

Add this free addon for live weather as it is amazing and accurate

https://unrealweather.blogspot.com/

2 Likes

Tragedy will end when we be death.
Btw bellyful scenery! I never had that many trees in my scenery.
This game is amazing :smiley:

Network was cranking along at the full 110 Mbs from Virgin Media in UK, attached to the European server.

I use cables only, 1 Gbs from router to low cost Netgear 4-port unmanaged switch which has a hardware buffer.
1 Gbs from switch to flightsim PC, another port to our TV. It all works very well, no buffering - I can transfer files to another PC (called Wingman!) in the 750 Mbs range.

I recommend a cable only 1Gbs home network, you will need new CAT5E cables. Old cables will throttle back.

All the best
Paul

Hi kiffalye, i had the problem in the TBM 930 since previous patch too. In every flight. With the new patch i did two flights without the freeze.