Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

What the heck? Guys, have you decided to finally break the game? Return the graphics to the release version of the game.

What are these devilish squares?

1 Like

All fine here, looking good, no CTD(never had any, even with VFR map).

2 Likes

Have the following issues been fixed:

• Crash when ATC delegated to the Co-Pilot
    Workaround: Turn ATC to AI off

• Crash when Text-to-Speech settings is set to Azure
    Workaround: Turn Text-to-Speech settings OFF

Both were in the known issues but it seems they are not anymore.

2 Likes

I don’t think you folks understand how this works. The existence of tall buildings at all doesn’t mean that there is a bug.

Bing simply doesn’t have data on how tall certain buildings are, so it has to guess. Near large-ish airports, it’ll always place some tall-ish buildings (they’re certainly not skyscrapers), because it expects that there may be some in reality.

1 Like

Agreed - and yes, the in-game sky is a really weird colour in the UK tonight!

It can be a coincidence. Or try reinstalling FS and clearing all settings and cache. I also had some problems with FS and tried different solutions. I was even very reluctant to reinstall the OS. I know it’s annoying and it will take a long time for the sim to be tuned. Relatively tuned.

1 hour in still says 10 percent… GREAT… it is 2 GBs lol

1 Like

Pre 1.9.3 it was fine every single time. Post 1.9.3 it was nonsense. That remains the case today.

With the CptLucky8’s mod it is fine.

I get how it works. There is a bug.

6 Likes

Sure you do. :joy:

1 Like

My sim was optimized and tuned until this afternoon

I think they fixed runway lights being visible from 50 miles away. I can’t see them now.

2 Likes

Ha love this advice, reinstall your OS!? And what expert opinion drew you to that monumental conclusion. That’s like knocking down your house and rebuilding it to fix a leaky tap.

15 Likes

Try 15.79 GiB - mine started saying 2.41 but then just kept going, crashed and next time came up with new size.

I see the monolithic bridges bug is still present. :joy:

I was hoping the building height fix would have also had an effect on the bridges, maybe next time.

I’ll have a look into this once I install the update, but I can assure you the tall building fix I’ve posted consisted in removing extra entries that were added in the file which is controlling the buildings, because these entry didn’t exist in previous versions and they were all tagged as “override”. I suspect they were left over and forgotten when they’ve published the release bits (vs their internal beta WIP version) or they were added purposely but in this case they were wrong.

5 Likes

Weird I tried the default 320 and didnt have a problem with it, installed the nx addon and that worked as well. Granted only 1/2 hour flights each one. Only problem I seemed to have so far is I switch over to ap to handle the radio and couldnt hear ATC for awhile but other then that so far so good for me.

Tonight will be the real test with a > 20 min flight.

Iv checked all my settings they didnt change and was all working fine this morning…Its night time in the UK now so its when i tuen cockpit lights on

1 Like

I understand, it’s complicated. X-Plane is perfectly tuned until today (Vulkan), after a few years. That is the reality.

If Asobo is doing like this, MSFS 2020 will die sooner than expected

4 Likes

A lot of people should probably realise this might not be the “update 4” they talked about with a lot of fixes and removal of the “Press any key to continue” text, but instead just a small intermediate patch to fix some of the worst issues people are experiencing… At least that is what I think this update is, so update 4 will probably come in the next week or 2.