Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

iā€™ve the same issue.

I restarted my computer then went back to the Microsoft store and it showed I needed to still update MSFS so now it went to the check for updates and is updating. When itā€™s done Iā€™ll test and see if it fixed the other issue.

Itā€™s actually working.

Does anyone know how to get out of a download loop. For 2 hours it is downloading the FS Big filesā€¦

I resetted the simā€™s graphics, removed AMD catalyst driver and installed beta driverā€¦
Now everything is completely crash and stutter freeā€¦ high end modeā€¦
Iā€™m happy! :grin:

They use the height information from OpenStreetMap. No need to guess anything, itā€™s all there.
Just that the game puts wrong models on the spots where it was fine before 1.9.3.0.

1 Like

I wanted to test the copilot feature out with a simple IFR flight from LAX to Las Vegas, and let it fly from gate to gate. After takeoff, the plane appeared to turn towards the correct direction to follow the navigation indicated on the VFR map. However, it wasnā€™t following exactly on the flight path line, and wasnā€™t making small corrections. I wasnā€™t convinced that it was doing what it was supposed to. After descent, the plane just flew past the airport and continued going straight instead of turning and lining up for the approach. It just kept going and going. I finally turned off the copilot, turned the plane around, flew back to the airport and lined up for the runway before handing control back to the copilot. All it had to do was land. Instead, it flew off to the left, past the airport again (in a different direction this time), and crashed straight into the side of a mountain. I wasnā€™t convinced that it was even trying to follow the correct navigation, so I set up another long-haul IFR flight from LAX to Amsterdam. After takeoff, the plane went in the completely wrong direction. However I also noticed that the flight plan indicated on the VFR map did not reflect the correct flight plan I had set up. The legs were mostly gone, and the flight path went to all different places in different directions, flying around to different points in triangular patterns all over Europe, UK, Greenland and Icelandā€¦ instead of following a straight flight path to Amsterdam. But the plane was going in a completely different direction than the goofy flight plan that was indicated on the map - and neither one was the right flight path it should have done. It was weird. I tried turning off the Co-pilot and messed around with the autopilot, LNav, Flight Director, etc. but nothing I did would put the plane on the correct flight path. The co-pilot feature and autopilot are still completely broken and unplayable, and it seems to get worse with every update.

This is in addition to the issues that were already there since launch:
The co-pilot does not:

• Turn on lights
  • Adjust correct altimeter settings, before or during flight
  • Engage correct flap setting before takeoff (the 787 puts in flaps on takeoff roll, but it should be done before, and I think the other airliners either donā€™t do it at all or retract the flaps on takeoff roll if they are manually set)
  • Rotate for liftoff (the plane will sometimes fly when reaching speed, but sometimes it will crash at the end of the runway because it doesnā€™t rotate or lift off)
  • Slow down during descent
  • Descend or line up for the approach correctly
  • Line up with the runway correctly
  • The copilot will overfly the airport and / or fly off in a random direction to who-knows-where

And other problems.

Please fix this ASAP, it is so bad I canā€™t even use these features in the game.

I would like to set up flights and let the co-pilot do everything, so I can sort of watch the flight like a passenger. But thatā€™s impossible with the current state of the sim.

8 Likes

Do you have freetrack?

Itā€™s not available for every location. Far from it.

1 Like

Sebastian Wloch say LINK:

1.it`s actually a very easy fix.

2.the Development version Wer`re using we always skip that page.

oops, you did it again.

ā€˜Press Any Key to Startā€™ is still there, whatā€™s going on?
you promised :heart_eyes:, we trust you. :sob:

5 Likes

After the update the sim started fine. But having rebooted the PC I received the message to ā€œinsert disc 1ā€. I reinstalled the digital ownership and it works again. If anyone else receives this messageā€¦

1 Like

updated without problem. Tested Longitude in VHHH with typhoon in real life. Rain and Clouds are rocking the VS which is better than last week.

Raining is there and thunderstorm is significantly diluted.

Taking off with 170 to 230KIAS, smooth, and armed AT that dolphin thing is not disturbing now, but still there esp. In low speed making a turn.

Cruising a bit there is no problem so far in this patch.
However, some avionics ,e.g. Direct-To, need examination.

So far I could manage to fly over 30mins, no flicking seen.
Will keep testing.

2 Likes

The whining about having to press a key at the start of the sim is absolutely hilarious. You people should work in a circus.

12 Likes

Good patch! They focused on the important things. Think itā€™s the right approach, I know people are eager to have everything done at once, but quality over quantity is preferred!

11 Likes

I waited about twenty seconds, but just got the screens repeating as always - only moved on when I pressed a key.

So certainly not fixed.

Apart from that, my first flight after update, at EGLL, I had two planes waiting in front of me at take-off, and one plane taxiing ahead of me when I landed. Much more than normal, so I think the live traffic is better.

2 Likes

My 787 continues to yo-yo in flight. The patch still hasnā€™t fixed anything. The simulator is still unusable. Iā€™m going crazyā€¦ I really regret having bought it ā€¦ clearly

4 Likes

CTD still there for me, canā€™t spawn anythign anymore nothing beyond World Map without a CTD for me since days sadly this didnt helpā€¦

1 Like

sorry guys, but after i downloaded todays update, my system is actually running better, i re loaded the FBW A320 mod, master version as rec by FBW, and flew KFLL into the new KSFB scenery which i purchased simmarket, and everything worked fine, real weather worked great as i checked with m active sky app, only issue is the slight light flickering in the flight deck, especially when using he MCDUā€¦ but i have to say this after reading so much already, i like what they have doneā€¦!

cheers and peace out

2 Likes

close and restart, it will be gone!