Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

alright, hope this whole thread remains in appreciation but I can only express again what I said elsewhere already: I am deeply impressed with what I got and MSFS revived my simming nerves after long long time. Admitting that I have little to few hickups (possibly owed to my old but proven and seasoned rig) besides the known issues but restricting myself so far to flying the GA aircraft around the world in remote or not so remote places. Only downloaded 1.9.5 but did not try it yet, will come latest tonight but I am confident. Rock on, MS and Asobo

7 Likes

Itā€™s good, for a beta. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Iā€™m also very happy with the sim. I have very few problems and the ones I have are corrected by the mods, especially the one for the Neo 320 is exstremely good.

4 Likes

Iā€™m happy with the patch. And quite honestly I noticed other fixes that arenā€™t listed in the patch notes, which shows that the patch notes are only highlights.

Iā€™m quite happy with the way Asobo is tackling this project. FSX would have just been ā€œnah you get what you get, stop asking for more, go to a 3rd party devā€

8 Likes

Have had very few issues with the sim from launch, and the issues I did have I was either able to fix myself or find a fix in the Zendesk help. The sim is 2 months old and Iā€™m still having more fun than I did with over a thousand hours of X-Plane, honestly. I also understood the inevitable issues that come with new launches - especially one as complex as MSFS, and that the platform Asobo and MS are building is going to be great.

11 Likes

Since start i have had random crashes, stuff that do not work at all, stuff that not are working as intended. No fully functioning MFDs and other technicalities.

This have made me to ā€˜onlyā€™ fly GA until the technicalities are fixed one day.

I fly every day and love this sim.

Patches come and go and i have patience! (I bought ā€œStar Citizenā€ many many years ago and the game is not out yet, so i have thick skin ,) )

3 Likes

This ones a known bug, with an easy but disruptive workaround.

If you have a Honeycomb yoke, you have to unbind all the buttons on the yoke. Apparently it affects Warthog owners as well, but I donā€™t know if itā€™s the throttle or the stick, and Iā€™ve not hooked up mine to test. The theory was high numbered buttons being bound caused it. Unbind them, and the problem goes away.

You may have struck gold! Well done.

I have Windows Defender and downloads have been perfect.

If a virus program thinks an incoming file is risky, itā€™s game over.

Just uninstall the virus software and reboot, Windows Defender will take over. A Zendesk reply is likely to be ā€œwe only recommend Defenderā€, but good luck.

Btw I have never bought virus software, itā€™s often hyped up and over priced. My favourite for many years was AVG Free, written by a team of ex-hackers!

Cheers
Paul

Before update, some very low 1floor building where ~20floor. After patch they fixed it! - yesterday! But! Today everything is back, like before update. 1floor building are 20 floorsā€¦ WTF ???

So is it possible that all some of those users blaming Asobo for not being able to download the patches have actually been a victim of their anti virus/firewall software?

I have touched ZoneAlarm in years, but my understand was that it was a firewall product, and not AV.

In fact, we use Check Point products at work, who bought ZA, so they include it in their Endpoint products. Internally, you can still see ZoneAlarm mentioned throughout the firewall blade in the installed files.

I can totally see a firewall product messing around with traffic that could cause these looping downloads. But AV? That might block a file outright, and simply using Netlimiter wouldnā€™t get around that.

Consensus seems to be that this is caused when you have controller switches that maintain an always on state such as the Honeycomb magnetos, alt, batt, bus, and lighting switches. See this thread for details. Large heading bug increments when using Honeycomb yoke

You can unbind all the Honeycomb switches on the pedestal and use the mouse instead, (yoke switches are fine) and that will prevent the 10 degree increment behavior. Iā€™ve implemented the vJoy and joystick Gremlin workaround covered in the above thread and that has resolved the bug and allows me to use all the switches on the Honeycomb Alpha.

2 Likes

Iā€™m aware of how Arizona time works as I lived there. AZ doesnt actually switch to PDT, they just donā€™t switch to MDT so MST aligns with PDT. It looks like theyā€™ve just assigned AZ to MST and havent excluded it from switching to MDT. It wouldnā€™t surprise me if they have no clue that most of Arizona doesnt observe DST. At least time will be correct there in a couple weeks when the rest of the country gets off of lame time. Have you opened a wishlist/bug thread?

Some AV software has expanded to cover web activity, giving mixed AV/firewall behaviour. A file written to disk may be scanned in real time, regardless of where it came from. Thatā€™s enough to break any distribution system.

When I worked for Autodesk they restricted a list of security software for home working. I had to remove AVG and rely upon Windows Defender.

Cheers
Paul

I used to work in AZ in the early 90s. The amusing time zone rule is that whilst the state does not observe DST (why bother?), the Indian reservation in the North East did observe DST.

So you could drive along a road within AZ and time changed!

Cheers
Paul

My favorite part is that the center of the reservation (which Iā€™m presuming isnā€™t part of the reservation) does observe DST. So you could theoretically drive through arizona, change to dst when you entered the reservation, change back to standard time when you got to the center of the reservation, then change back to DST on the other side of the reservation all while going in a straight line.

Can someone help me ? my settings that i make graphics etc. are not saved. After every restart I have to reset it

All - I posted a similar thing after the last patch too. I think It may be a firewall issue, but not sure how to prove it. I have taken it off system. If installed it also sometimes prevents the program from starting although itā€™s in the approved list of applications. There is something in MSFS which ZA donā€™t like. I wonder if itā€™s spying on us? I donā€™t have camera on this pc, so they cannot watch me, and the mic is disabled. Itā€™s something, but, all the other MS Store items download/update just fine with ZA on the system, so this one is a puzzler.

time is always 1 hr off (if I donā€™t adjust it). Sunrise Sunset is off by an hr. Stars are off by a hr.
Time is the cornerstone to navigation.
MS has all the code to make it right.
Arizona is not the only place in the world that does not do DST
I like to look outside and see the same light as the sim.

Theyā€™ll get eventuallyā€¦

For me, everything that has to to with the Gameplay itself works fine.

GipfelFloh103 Welcome to the forum !!!

You might want to consider typing what you want to say in German, and then throwing into the Google Translator into English, and posting that instead of the original German.

Sometimes, the Google Translator does not do a very good job, but your post will more likely make a lot more sense, and be a lot more pleasant to read, than a lot of the ones that currently get posted here.

BTW. I agree with you, except the switch to Google from Bing will never happen for a Microsoft product !!!