Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

I found out that the physiks are still on, when pause is active, so when u are climbing and reduce ur trottle, it will be stall, or if u decending, u will overstress the aircraft and crash in active pause.

90/5000

I never use active pause is simply good for this “escape”. Then there is no such problem. Of course I agree with JackFlash108’s post.

To be fair here - if bug “X” wasn’t listed to be fixed, why would you expect it to be fixed?

That’s how this stuff is gonna go for the foreseeable future, folks. There’s a backlog of issues to address. A handful will be done in each patch.

There are no magic wands for this stuff.

Leider muss ich dir recht geben, Ich habe auch diese Fehler.
Noch was anderes In Deutschland gibt’s Fehler die nicht da sein dĂŒrften.

1. In Ilmenau die Rodelbahn darĂŒber ist eine BrĂŒcke oder so. Sieht aus wie eine AutobahnbrĂŒcke. Die war in real noch nie.
  2. In Erfurt der Dom oje, warum ist er so plattgedrĂŒckt. Der ist matsch. Der Petersperg ist super drauf aber nicht der Dom.
  3. Wo Autobahnen sind darunter verlaufen meist Straßen. Nur der Witz ist die verlaufen mit der AutobahnbrĂŒcke nicht darunter weg.
  4. In Manebach warum ist dort Hochwasser. In der Ilm was da fließt stehen HĂ€user es sieht so aus wie Hochwasser.
    Mein Gott da sind so viele Fehler drin das geht gar nicht sowas.
  5. Ich habe auch ein Riss im Berg gesehen war glaube ich auch Ilmenau aber so genau weis ich es nicht.
    Ja okey das gehört eigentlich zu den Programmierern geschickt.
    Das Spiel kostet sooooo viel Geld. Ich muss auch vernĂŒnftig arbeiten und kann mir sowas nicht leisten was ihr so macht.
    Überarbeitet das ganze Spiel und bitte mit google nicht mit Bing Karte

Not all bugs and their fixes are listed in a changelog. A release, that isn’t labelled as an Open Beta comes with certain expectations. Some of these bugs were reported during the Alpha phase and still exist. Some of the issues should be easy fixes, such as the ability to turn off cockpit labels (it’s an option that isn’t working), the heading bug issue. Autopilot functionality is basic to flight simulation and shouldn’t be glitched at this point in the development. I’m not a hater which is why I’m so frustrated. I want this sim to succeed.

1 Like

I totally agree that this should have been in a far more polished state before release. But that’s a moot point here - the unavoidable reality is that there are X bugs, and they will be chipped away at a rate of Y per patch. That’s just the situation as it stands.

So we can either (a) continue on and enjoy whatever works at least generally reliably, or (b) put it away for a while and come back to it.

I’d like it to succeed as well, and I’m certainly not going to defend any of the development work, but I just let things outside of my control be what they are and not frustrate me too much.

3 Likes

The voice of reason and perspective. :+1:t2:

1 Like

its smoother for me as well

Okay 
 I have seen if you set the weather to storm then the sea waves are back with the whitecaps 
 Okay but still there are high waves on the sea when there is no storm, the waves are in normal weather like in a quarry pond

Am I the only one who can’t open the VFR map and Weather menus in-game anymore after the patch? I click them and they just won’t open

One big difference from all other sims and this one, MSFS2020, is tweaking is needed after every update. Remember all the compliants about this unfinished product. Well, it is unfinished so every update you will have to adjust and reset your graphics and now I have to reset my pilot preferences. They were changed after the update. Im just glad this update did not require all my addons to have to update this cycle. But I bet all will have to change something the next update. Murphy’s Law is coming. Usually I have to wait days for my addons to find fixes to the MSFS changes. I predicted as a Beta tester this sim would not be usable until the end of Oct when the new Airbus throttle joystick would be out. I think Asobo is still on track. He ha

1 Like

Am I the only one who have after the 1.9.5.0 patch high buildings on places where in reality lower buildings are standing?

Hi, GipfelFloh103.

Welcome to the forum!

According to the Code of Conduct, English is the official language in the forums. The one exception is allowing members to use their native language in the #multiplayer category.

Please take this into consideration as you continue to participate in the forums. Thank you.

1 Like

And from another “Old” but not “Bold” pilot, I’ve had a similar experience. The TBM is my favourite right now, spent 2 hrs in it this afternoon flying at FL290 through realistic real live weather clouds in medium icing conditions. Take off at dusk and landing in pitch dark. Great stuff! Bring on the next patch, I can’t wait.

6 Likes

You have to re-calculate the windows, go to the quick menu at the top far right, window settings reset instrument panels

Lets just enjoy what we have which is the best looking flightsim on the planet, all the problems will be worked out in due time Take A Breath!

7 Likes

It has done that from the beginning I think. If you have subtitles on, you can see it spells out everything that is in CAPS.

I’ve had whole cities spelled out that way. Very annoying if it’s a long name
 e.g. NEW YORK it would go November Echo Whiskey etc

So I guess someone didn’t pay attention when typing in (or checking up on) some of this stuff.

Not able to detach the VFR map and move it to another screen (disappears when detaching)

I wanted to create a thread that would allow those of us who are welcoming of Patch 1.9.5.0 and have benefitted from it to express that to Asobo. Primarily this is so that they know that their work is having a positive impact for some (many? most?) of us and also to, perhaps, give them a little encouragement to keep going.

I would ask those in the forum who may have a different view and perspective not to express that in this thread, but to use one of the many threads that already exist that will better align with their views.

I’ll get the ball rolling:

As someone who, for whatever reason, has had very few issues with the sim, I’m still positive about the latest patch. It has relatively small content to be sure, but the content that is there does seem to have made material improvments in all of the areas mentioned in the patch notes. The VFR map fix is definitely welcomed, as is the smart cam issue. I especially welcome the seeming change in approach recently in terms of greater openness and also attempting to fix less but do it better.

Finally I would encourage Asobo to continue with their current plans for the sim. Do not be swayed by overly populist opinion on what you should and shouldn’t be doing. You have your own plans for the sim and you should keep those on track and not be overly diverted. Take the time you need to work on this to get it right and don’t rush to quick solutions that will deliver longer term pain.

Many thanks and keep up the good work.

19 Likes

I was happy with FS 2020 already, don’t have much problems,
I have no doubt that future updates will make it even better. People with problems tend to go ranting on social media not understanding that that is not the way to have some influence. Giving positive feedback and reporting bugs on the right place will give better contribution to the further development.
Happy Flying! Asobo rocks!

8 Likes