Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

Found it, it’s the one here that will force Feature Updates (1909-2004): KB4023057

The update to existing 2004 users will be this month (October), there’ s no KB yet assigned but has been assigned and downloadable for Windows 10 Insiders. If you want to take a sneak peak of it:

lol I have disconnected by gaming PC today to “avoid adding more complications in MSFS”, in the hope I can get some work done - but forgot I can still get on the Internet with this work computer !@!

I now can´t end a flight or change destination without having to restart the game because those options were removed in my sim. If I´m flying and press the Esc button, I get the other options except to go to the main menu.

Post Patch Report - PMDY to PMDY - 787-10-RNAV round robin - Plane flew better, AP worked fairly well, and that may be me as much as the settings. Once I dial in new altitude, and hit the VLS mode, it takes more than one click to get it to initialize again maybe me. It’s difficult to get the altitude knob to do “hundreds of feet” instead of Thousands of feet, have to futz with it. AP seemed to become unresponsive about 5 miles out from landing, so switched it all off, and flew in manually. The controls work in the plane now, did not push it into the sea. FMC, don’t know enough about how to program it to discuss it. FWIW-Did try A320, and the FMC in it, does not show updated Nav data as of now, it’s back to July 2020 data, so if that was fixed, it’s not showing up in that plane system. This has been reported multiple times. The sim runs better, and loads quicker I think, ok, MS/Asobo, we are all aware of the Japan Updates, the info windows can now be dispensed with, which would allow game to maybe load even faster. The “push any key” is not a big deal, nice if it was gone, but not deal killer for me. I think, (have not flown but once-need to test TBM, etc) but it seems that its working better. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE NAVDATA UPDATED, AND ALL THE AVIANOCIS WORKING AS THEY Should, but that is coming I hope. For now, Frame Rates seem to be about correct, and my PC (ASUS laptop) does not run as warm as previous version-runs cooler now. Have custom settings in all areas, so may have something turned down, which causes it. I still keep AI off, real traffic off for now.

Again, will request from MS/Asobo, we need built in manuals on FMC’s, AP’s, G1000/3000 operation, correct flight planning and execution. Please, please, please build these into simulator, it’s impossible to follow along with YouTube video and program system at the same time, they need to be written step by step, for this push this button, etc. We are begging here, all Planes have technical manuals, and pilots in training are expected to read, learn, memorize, and know the information in those manuals, airlines bi-annually at least, and some quarterly TEST pilots on the plane type they are flying. We need this stuff. We should not have to rely on 3rd party vendors for this, it should be inside now. In other words DOCUMENTATION built into sim. Think this update has fixed stuff, and it’s working better. Now need to practice landing 787 lots of times to be better at it. Good Job so far MS/Asobo, still think dedicated testers should be assigned tasks, and those reports on how that works would assist you in future updates. But who am I, just an IT guy with 35 years experience, but what does that count for.

1 Like

No issues so far! Had a lot of big stutters and crashes before the update, the sim was barely flyable. After the update without changing anything in my setup I gave it a try and I was flying around USA KSFO, South America and Europe all about 2 hours and no single crash anymore and so much smoother!!! For me this update is a big step forward!
I7-6700k
16GB RAM
SSD drive
GPU R290X (already ordered RTX3080)

1 Like

It would appear that ASOBO also have not read any Real World Plane manuals, and seem to be making most of it up themselves, copying what was done in FSX.

ASOBO are Hiring for MSFS. One benefit they note, for your resume, is if you have “an interest” in Flying !!!

I’ve had this since day one. Doesn’t do it every time though.

1 Like

Almost unplayable after update 1.9.5.0 that doesn’t work at all.Performance Problem. want the previous one again without tall houses and with the water … Please change!

4 Likes

No problem in 1.9.5.0 … Have a good time !

6 Likes

It would not update for me, kept looping, had to remove everything now can not install at all. Stuck in loop. Tried everything and all help website short of reinstalling whole pc i am at a loose end now :frowning:

1 Like

Oh dear, that’s worse!

They have to move again and as soon as possible beforehand, everything would be fine except for the high-rise buildings. Water what great FPS were good and now … PLEASE CHANGE !!!

Take a look at the water in the menu picture above … Hopefully you will notice it yourself !!! .-)

I still have CTD at the loading screen when I use NVIDIA graphic card but not when using Intel integrated card…

I created a discussion explaining the issue:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crash-to-desktop-at-loading-screen-crashes-with-nvidia-and-runs-with-intel-onboard-card/297997

What is that plane?

Hi @Th3PerfectOn3. I use the subscription-based ForeFlight app. I use it when I fly in the real airplane so that is the primary purpose but it works exactly the same in the simulator using the “X-Mapsy” plugin to display position and traffic data. Also, ForeFlight will pull in real-world weather (not the weather plugin you may use) and can also display real-world air traffic. Something that actually matches what you see in sim which is really cool when it’s all working.

2 Likes

Hey SquawkIFF, let me share my point of view. I have never blocked or flagged anyone, but am considering it in order to make the forums more enjoyable to me. Here’s an example of what I don’t mind:

“I really hate the “Press Any Key to Start” screen. It was fun for the first 2 times, but now it’s just tedious. Asobo, I know you guys are hard at work, but is there any chance you could release a hotfix and help a brother out?”

Now, contrast that with this:

“Asobo, you are exactly what is wrong with software development right now. You sit around all day, having made your millions, completely ignoring customers who bought your product in good faith. You’re lazy and greedy and I will never purchase another product from you ever again. BTW, your “Press Any Key to Start” feature sucks. Get over yourselves already.”

Both of these comments express frustration over an issue, but which is more likely to motivate Asobo to fix the issue? Anybody has the right to say whatever they want, but this isn’t about rights. It’s about basic, human courtesy and what is the best way to achieve your ends? Accusing someone of laziness and greed might make you feel righteously indignant and justified, but it does no good. It creates an atmosphere of toxicity that many just don’t want to be a part of.

I’m frustrated by a lot of these issues too, and I think this launch will one day be used in college courses to illustrate how not to release a product to the world. But, it’s just a 100.00 video game. My life is filled with hundreds of other forms of entertainment to distract me until Asobo gets this worked out (and they will, mark my words). It’s just not worth all the anger and vitriol.

7 Likes

Did the reinstallation process work the same way for you?

Worth noting:

My cache was turned off when this got patched. Had to set it up again after.

Patches for MSFS always seem to change some of my settings, but this is the first time they disabled my cache.

Took me a few flights to figure out what was going on.

Ah well, good to delete your cache after each patch anyway.

I love the visuals of this sim and I’m still optimistic about it’s future. However, after patch 1.9.5 I’m still getting the eternal thunderstorms, the heading bug still moves in 10 degree increments, the autopilot still causes oscillations, if I use active pause, the aircraft becomes uncontrollable after unpausing. So, now I have to wait another month and hope that some of these issues will be addressed. I don’t dare fly online with Vatsim or PilotEdge in fear of the autopilot malfunctioning. I’m losing my enthusiasm for the sim and I fear I’m not the only one. It’s a shame that I have to use mods created by the community to fix simple things such as external lighting, turning off cockpit labels, etc. I had been a staunch defender of MSFS on Facebook since it launch but I can no longer defend the indefensible.

9 Likes