Discussion: Update #6 (1.10.11.0)

This issue happens with all Kepler and Maxwell 1.0 GPUs since the 1.10.7.0 patch. It is not a hardware or software problem, it’s a bug with the simulator and we have tons of reports from owners of GeForce 600/700/800/900 series GPUs experiencing the flashing clouds.

Now if you didn’t have that problem with the GTX 690 then that’s interesting. Can you confirm that your GPU was indeed the GTX 690 (and not the GTX 960 or something similar), and that you played the game since 29 October and later with clouds and no issues?

That’s what I say then because I don’t fail him hehe I’m surprised

those are the full specs of my Asus Rog GL552VW

Even if they are part of the GeForce 900 series, the GTX 950M and GTX 960M GPUs use the GM107 chip, which is the Maxwell 1.0 architecture. The rest of the GPUs from that line use the Maxwell 2.0 architecture and as a result are not affected.

Switching to the Intel integrated graphics will most likely resolve the flickering clouds, but then you will get horrible performance.

@Th3Hack3r202 Yeah, reinstalling Windows can certainly resolve a whole boat load of issues but even so, make sure that you do install all of the most current drivers and if you have not updated your motherboards BIOS in a while, that is something you should do as well. Most MB manufacturers provide a tool you can download that can help you with that. I have an MSI MB and they offer a tool called Live Update that checks all of your drivers and the BIOS as well.

I checked just now, it is actually a GTX660. Yeah, i had not heard about that bug and it did work for me. Not sure.

1 Like

Thanks, that is quite interesting. I’ve seen at least two reports of people with the GTX 660 experiencing the issue, as with all other Kepler GPUs. Do you recall which driver version you were using then?

I don’t. When I installed the RTX3070 last week, I just formatted my SSD and installed a clean Windows 10 (re-installing MSFS2020 as well), so that driver is long gone. If the issue was with the latest version, maybe mine was an old driver but I thought that the Nvidia software kept my GPU driver up to date.

The “After” image looks definitively better - so you are saying that the patch actually improved the graphics, right?

1 Like

Thought you said you’d deleted MSFS ??

Was wrong, srry , i checked.

Yes, with the previous patch in October I reinstalled it, and I have uninstalled it again with the November patch.

there is always downgrade

AP not working on A320 after departure (EGKK) just veers left…Terrible was fine before.(Using a32nx mod)

Well Asobo reworked all planes (also the a320) i think the issjue you have is because Flybywire has to updte the a320 mod. Just wait for it and i think the issue will be gone

1 Like

Ok will have to wait…Thanks…

Them flybywire guys will get this thing up and running in no time ! Just some incredible talent right there is what you got with them ! Should be hired on the spot in my opinion!

The mod is broken with this new update. (Fully expected that would happen). Remove the mod and wait for FBW to release an updated version compatible with 1.11.6.0. They normally are quite quick to do so.

Please use the new post to discuss the latest update.

Thank you

For some reason my update went from update to full install. so rebooted and now it installing the update again not the full sim anyone else had this issue?

I have raised this with someone who flies a TBM 850, It does depend on how bouncy the cloud is feeling was the answer I got, but its not major, like ± 1000 usually 200-300 ft if its bad.