Discussion: World Update I: Japan

Thats not a good sign. Wonder how they are determining where to put lightning. I read another post where someone said they were seeing lightning in clear skies! Hopefully rare rather than common.

1 Like

Thanks ASOBO to fix random ctd

Nome dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 1.9.3.0, timestamp: 0x5f6cd7d4
Nome del modulo che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 1.9.3.0, timestamp: 0x5f6cd7d4
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x000000000142e642
ID processo che ha generato l’errore: 0x38a8
Ora di avvio dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: 0x01d69693e22015a7
Percorso dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
ID segnalazione: d163ee7b-bd20-46d9-a597-664cf30760bd
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l’errore:
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l’errore:

2 Likes

“If you have the flybywiresim installed, remove it. They are working on a fix.”
I did. Fix for what?

AP steering planes into the deep blue?

or the displays being off?

LOL, this is like buying a brand new home and then having to hire contracters for everything that falls apart, coincidently after they get paid!!!

Followed all recommended steps but still can’t get Market place to work. All items are greyed out…

1 Like

Same here…

Have you tried the workaround in the known issues list?

Solution: Install the Beechcraft King Air 350i

• Step 1: Go to Profile > Content Manager
  • Step 2: Select Beechcraft King Air 350i in the list of content
  • Step 3: Download and install the Beechcraft King Air 350i
  • Step 3: Reboot your computer
  • Step 4: Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator

CC: @DarkF4lcon

(I haven’t downloaded Japan yet, so I can’t vouch for whether it works or not.)

1 Like

What approach? If ILS, you checked to make sure it isn’t an offset localizer?

Yes i did that but all the content on the marketplace is greyed and cant click on download or buy

My marketplace is greyed out also cannot set my choice of server as its says Automatic

See Japan Content

1 Like

Quite honestly, it does not matter to me how difficult their job is. I know that sounds harsh, but we as consumers should not be tasked with doing their QA, unless I am on their payroll or I signed up to be a beta tester. I want a sim that WORKS!

I paid good money for this sim! I’m not saying that everything should be payware level. I’m just talking about default aircraft that have a basic working autopilot that can simply follow commands. I’m talking about a sim that I can perform longer flights without having to worry about something screwing up randomly along the way, wasting hours of free time. The gutting part is the sim looks soooo good! It makes it impossible to go back to other sims.

The troubling thing is that we are all finding these bugs minutes after updating and launching the game! How do they miss them? The conclusion is either they don’t test the patches, or they have staff that have no idea how a flight sim should function…

Every update has just eroded my confidence that this sim will be fixed. Each patch so far has sent me scrambling for hours filing zendesk tickets about issues, combing forums to see if bugs that I am experiencing are my fault or if they are widespread, and then tinkering with the settings to try and get things back to the way it was pre-patch. This is getting ridiculous, and I am quickly losing my patience. At this point, I would not mind reverting back to the launch day version. At least then I had an A320neo I could fly mostly trouble free.

14 Likes

What a joke!!! This whole Japan scenery release is a smoke screen. Bugs are still there and I am tiered of sending tickets asking them to fix things. First thing I do to check if they did fix a few of the bugs was to go to one of their “model” airports, SEQM (Quito challenge):

Weather: Still does not reflect real life. Winds are all over the place. Temperature, 30C at 9,2000 FT. DO they know what standard atmosphere is? 2 C less for every 1K feet. Average temperature at Quito in real life is 16 C. For havens sake, what’s their problem! Download a METAR file and apply it! Not hard X plane does it, previous versions do.

ATIS: Doesn’t work!!! And ATIS for SO many airports. USA, SPAIN, you name it. I have submitted this issue several times, just to be ignored.

VFR Map crashing??? I was expecting a real life IFR/VFR map where pilots can track their approaches, ILS…e.tc… They can’t even make a map work…

Instant replay, I have been waiting for this from day 1, still they focus on scenery and not implementing features that are badly needed, especially for real life pilots who need software to stay current, or to practice PTS!

Any hopes there that they will actually make this game like “real life” or fix the bugs? Keep waiting for patches and nothing!

10 Likes

Japan looks great to me, but the VFR map crash is a real thing, as I found out the hard way. I guess I’ll turn on the option to show it at startup.

1 Like

Uggh, sorry!

Please tell me why we have 50-100 ft tall random buildings instead of the nicer scaled down to size ones before patch 3?

Towns that don’t use photogrammetry look like a word I can’t say because the tall out of place buildings throw off everything in the scenery area now…

Kolm area

2 Likes

cant test before tomorrow, but do we still have to exit the whole game between each flight to get live weather working on the next one?

Fantastic update.

1 Like

You do nothing but complain.

3 Likes

TBH I don’tthink they get it!

People would be less frustrated if they weren’t silence. It is all marketing. On twitter they brag how great game is and how a community flight was great but they mostly ignore the breaking of the game.

Its a work week. They should have an employee make an announcement. but that would give people hope. THERE IS NO HOPE! LOL

4 Likes

The patch notes say 60 airports have been updated, is there a list of these anywhere?

3 Likes