Discussion: World Update I: Japan

post update: updated nvidia video drivers and it seems ok

New event of ā€œTour of Japanā€ has some problem.
When I start the event FPS drops to below 10 (normaly over 40).
And, its route is strange. The route goes around the earth several times.

Edited: I found this problem is related to the language setting of Windows 10.
I changed the system locale from Korean to English, then the problem disappeared.

the patch totally GARFā€™d my autopilotā€¦ it oscillates up and down violently once you start getting to cruise altitudeā€¦ oh and the co-pilot function dead tooā€¦ canā€™t follow nav signals suddenly.

heh,

totally/absolutelly problem with not correct step for any one to update!!! Iā€™ve only start FS and no step to Store what some users here recommend. Update started without store update, absolutelly no clear infos how to proceed with Store version. After update all is ok as with previous updates but this kind of SW started to be very bad and as I see sokme users here attacked some other users who are frustrated, I donā€™t know what to say. I just start feeleing that are here created some other profile users for sure to defend this product. I donā€™t have still problems with FS as CTD or Update problems but I start thing that this is question of time. If I simply run FS after this update and weather still doesnā€™t work as step to Main menu after flight (no live weather again, not working, must restart FS), Intersections now doesnā€™t show on MFD??? Really, what to say? All pls be friendly to others and donā€™t pls attack them, it can be very shortly that you can be in that positionā€¦

Bush Trip still donĀ“t work. IĀ“m stuck in the leg 15 of the balkans. IĀ“ve completed five times the episode but when i land the trigger doesnĀ“t work ind i canĀ“t get to the next episode

Autopilot issue on the TBM9 since update to 1.9.3.0.

Above FL160 the aircraft does not hold altitude and attitude. It osillate +/- 5 degrees in pitch. A/P engaged + ALT or V/S mode.

Can somebody explain in one post howā€™s the update overall? Is it worth even trying? Iā€™m currently stepping aside from this sim, as itā€™s far from enjoyable. And please donā€™t triggered.
Tried reading 3 4 pages of this topic but didnā€™t find a suitable answer for my question.

I can swap the replay mode anytime to the Japan world update. Really missing watching my crappy bouncy landings.

1 Like

El aeropuerto de MƔlaga no sƩ de donde lo habrƔn sacado pero tiene dos pistas no una, por lo tanto la rwy13 se la han comido. Se supone que eso lo arreglarƔn sino vamos mal

hey monette, could you tell me how to use the replay mode then ? ill be so gracefull

hi,
I have Microsoft Store MSFS 2020.
What a hell is going on ? PLEASE!!!
All my mods and plugins. GONE.
MSFS2020 Menus 90% blocked.
I will have to uninstall MSFS2020 for the 2 time after an update.
Serious my friends, after 26 years with FSX and Microsft , im done.
I should have listen and wait. 120 pounds!!!
Still a wonderfull simulator with a lot to go.
Today to be honest i will spend the same amount of money with my family and another one for P3D v5.
For now i.m star to be stressful with this simulator and thatā€™s not what iā€™m looking for.
Really Asobo, i believe on you guys , but i think money spoke louder this time .
What a dissapoitment im on nowā€¦
Sorry ā€¦

3 Likes

Prior to the Steam update, did you ā€œverify game filesā€? Because if you do chose that option, steam effectively deletes all your installed files (and purcahse keys), and downloads fresh, hence the 98GB downloads.

Oh ok itā€™s a bug.

I have same problem yesterday and completed two times thinking i did something wrongā€¦

Every patch more bug and no correction of the old oneā€¦

By having a team of testers in the community with different rigs so that a wide range of setups and hardware configurations are used to test each patch before general release. People who volunteer to test donā€™t mind glitches when they know they are testing specifically to look for them and help debug new code. But the approach Asobo adopt now, using the whole community to debug is clearly doing more harm than good.

1 Like

How is the high rise building issue with other folks here?

I donā€™t see the option to download the latest patch 1.9.3.0. I just downloaded Japan some 400 MB but 8GB - I canā€™t download the patch

Yeah, because there actually were waves. Downgraded waterā€¦

1 Like

A classic case of Rubbish in = Rubbish out

Not knocking anyone in particular, but by flooding Asobo with so many ā€œPhantomā€ Bug reports, because you do not comprehend the software, is going to overload their limited resources, and slow any fixes to a crawl.

As many have said, they might do a lot better with a Limited set of ā€œexperiencedā€ Flight Simulator users, and concentrate on the Bug Reports from them first, before letting be a Free for All from the whole Flight Sim and Gaming Community.

My 2 cents, which is probably all it is worth.

One thing I know for sure, as much as I am a Flight Sim enthusiast , I would not want to work for, or be sub-contacted by either Microsoft or Asobo and be working on MSFS.

You know, at the end of the testing phase, we actually proposed them to keep us testers for the future. They just closed down the forums, and locked the test version.
I am not complaining about Asobo. I really donā€™t. But I agree, they should have kept us testers.

1 Like

I must admit, I also found the whole ā€œUpdate + Japanā€ unnecessarily confusing.

Why they chose to do BOTH at the same time , seems Crazy.

DemurerSeal7085 This may help you ā€¦

Now you know there is an update ( and I assume your MSFS may not stay running anymore ?)

1. Close MSFS
  2. Log into your Microsoft or Steam account and check YOUR Purchases.
  3. You should see the Update there.
  4. Select it to install, and let it download .
  5. When that is complete, start up MSFS, and it should finish the install, and you are set to go.
  6. You can then , in MSFS go to your List of Installed items, see Japan there, with an option to download, and you can download that form within MSFS.

I purchased through Microsoft store, and this worked for me.

The problem I initially had, when I 1st started MSFS after the Paths was available, is that MSFS detected the need for the update, and loaded the Microsoft store, but MSFS was still running, so the store download install LOCKED up, even if MSFS was then closed.

Had to go in again with MSFS NOT running to get the Patch/Update.
After that, all went well.

============
Best thing about the Update : Joystick Sensitivity GUI restore, so hopefully no more ā€œ######ā€ Post in the forum about not being able to ā€œPlayā€ the ā€œGAMEā€ becuse the sensitivity cannot be adjusted (sigh)