Discussion: World Update II: USA

Yes, I see Alaska bush trip in the downloaded content.

You donā€™t have to delete it. Just move the contents to a temporary location while you test. If all is good you can move it back.

The 12GB core sim update and 4GB USA update (from the Marketplace) installed with no issues. I spawned at KSWF, where I have flown often in r/w and in the sim, and it looks fantastic. I know Microsoft does not (currently) ā€œdoā€ military aircraft, which is too bad, because having some static C-17s on the ANG ramp would have been a nice touch, but all the Air Force hangars are there, and look correct, as does the Textron Service Center and the former GE corporate hangar. All the taxiways are correctly labeled as well.

1 Like

Some observations so far: (setting up a long-haul flight in the 787 from Los Angeles to Amsterdam)
The co-pilot feature is still completely broken and it does not follow the in-flight navigation, and still has all of the other same bugs (for example, it doesnā€™t set the correct altimeter setting, and it doesnā€™t rotate when reaching V1 during takeoff, among many other issues.) While flying off in some seemingly random direction, the wings still rocked back and forth at first, but eventually leveled (so maybe slightly improved?) The VFR map still has glitches when it plots a course to some waypoint way off course somewhere, plotting a big extra V-shaped course in the middle of the flight and thousands of extra miles. This can be manually fixed by going back to the main menu and deleting that specific waypoint, and restarting the flight. However the actual aircraft autopilot equipment seems to be improved somewhat and will accurately follow the navigation. However of course you need to go into the cockpit and fiddle with it to set it up. Iā€™m hoping they will eventually sort out the co-pilot features for times when I just want to sit back and enjoy the scenery without having to sort everything out in the cockpit and double-check that the aircraft is actually on course. The ā€œGo Toā€ feature still didnā€™t work, and I received an error message that says I donā€™t have enough fuel to go to the descent, even though I should have had more than enough. Performance-wise, the sim seems to be running much smoother for the most part. Iā€™ll check out the new content later, but otherwise it seems like another disappointing update - some minor improvements, but most of the major bugs remain.

The plane is not so twitchy on the takeoff roll now. Sample size of 1.

Since today I have no server connection. Marketplace is gray-out; no real live weather, no Bing maps. I have made no changes or additions to the sim.
When I start the sim the app donā€™t ask for ā€˜Checking for new updatesā€™
I checked everything, inclusive the Xbox connection.

It is so frustrating that the application is so far from stable.

Still TAA is a catastrophyā€¦Over-sharpen gameā€¦

2 Likes

Live weather/clear sky bug is back.
Initial flight is okay. Next one has the live weather defaulting to clear skies, like before.

Iā€™m seeing an issue where the arrow keys no longer move you around the cockpit and the Translate/position doesnā€™t show up in the bindings section.

Workaround: Set keyboard profile to ā€œDefault Profileā€ and alter the rest of your keyboard bindings after that.

Testing is aware of the issue and is looking into it.

14 Likes

Have they added cities and 3D buildings or just the ground mesh and ground textures?

Turn it off in the config file and use Nvidia to sharpen.

Good update. Sim is getting better and better. Lots of things fixed and improved. FPS looking better, PG looking better, USA looking better

15 Likes

Same here. This after a system restart, too.

Gonna be honest I am a bit happy with this update. The latest one fixed some of the complaints I had about my home airport KSNA by adding better parking gates and fixing the nasty looking control tower it had, still no where close to where I would like it to be but it is a step in the right direction! Also super happy about the CPU optimizations and some of the autopilot improvements as well.

Here is a reference of the previous one of what I meant and how it actually look like in real life.
(Anybody willing to upgrade these airports?)

3 Likes

Been like that for a while for me - not related to this patch

Or just rename it something other than Community

1 Like

Did you restarte the sim after the update?

For me the update was somthing like 13 GB, not 4 :wink:

Can everyone please quickly step out of the Internet, such that my download speed increases, which is currently ā€œidlingā€ at somewhere around 5 MBits/sec only, thank you :wink:

4 Likes

You need to do that. There is a conflict with one or more of your community folder mods.