Discussion: World Update II: USA

Did they fix the cloud flashing or will I still get epilepsy when I’m on anything but clear skies?

In my honest opinion, the “USA update” is a total bust, I did about 1/3 of the discovery flight and shut it off, all the spectacular bridges along the Hudson and Delaware River look horrible, NYC looks terrible, the sea cranes at the ports in NJ are still rendered like big blobs, the stadium the Eagles play at in Philly looks like a bomb hit it, and I got as far as Wilmington, DE, when I shut it off completely in disgust. This update had the ability to be amazing, but fell well short of my expectations, hopefully there will be some major improvements in the future.

8 Likes

Never mind, worth a short. What if you set the res to 2K?

Happens in both windowed and full screen. Restarting doesn’t change anything.

Hows everyone’s performance?

Mine is definitely worse than yesterday with stutters/fps drop and visually im not inpressed (iv checked, my settings are exactly the same)

3 Likes

Are CJ4 files applicable to the Longitude? Serious question, I’m not very familiar with mods and that level of detail.

Thank you!

Satellite imagery around Chicago still green tint…

1 Like

OK, before you do all that, did you do a couple of quick checks?

1. Restarted the sim
  2. Check your data settings didn’t change to “off” especially PG and Bing data?
  3. Check your graphics settings didn’t reset to defaults?
  4. Empty/move your community folder to ensure no conflicts?

If you do all that, and post some creenshots, we can compare.

Possible other issue, that you can’t influence, would be server load - it’s high as the forums kicking me off every two minutes attest

I am getting bridges with “walls” under them… see screenshot. Anyone else seeing this?
(I have reported on zendesk)

2 Likes

It’s a PG issue. Been there from day 1

3 Likes

Technically, aren’t I in 2K? I’m running the equivalent of 2X monitors in one side by side, so isn’t 5120 X 1440 still 2K (5120/2= 2560 X 1440)?

Yes in theory, but the game thinks you are in a widescreen version. Maybe try one monitor then and see if it is working then and try switching back?

EDIT - clutching as straws maybe!

I dont recall seeing this particular issue before. Probably overloaded servers then?

Update went fine. Just flew to DFW, lots of lightning all the way on the approach using Live Weather which was not in the forecast or showing anywhere near DFW.

Upon touchdown, using the CJ4 had a CTD. This is my first CTD with sim since I started testing. Community folder was clear, cache cleaned and all updates applied.

2 Likes

Wondered where you got that info?

I flew a flight before the update and the AP pulled the fly directly from a waypoint to the airport issue. So I’m curious where you found any info that AP was fixed?

1 Like

testing the Citation Longitude, fps is so much better. Buttery smooth with photogrammetry!

I was able to install the update and the scenery addition without any problems. I do have some concerns however. I did have one CTD but it may have been a first time one off.
While flying over New York City with the Ultra graphics setting I noticed that many of the bridges no longer have any details. Over the East River the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges are detailed (although with the same extended dark shadows underneath them). The 59th St, Williamsburg and, especially the Verrazano Bridges are now flat roadways with no details at all. The Freedom tower on the site of the World Trade Center is missing as well.
The other issue is which addons to put back into the Community folder. I do have addons for Washington DC (Landmarks, Airports), Chicago, Atlantic City, Mt. Rushmore, Yosemite Valley, etc. I don’t want to put them back if they might interfere with the new enhanced scenery. Maybe I’ll have to play hit and miss with them but any advice would be appreciated.

1 Like

Maybe I’m not being clear…I have a 43" ultrawide single monitor. If I drop the resolution to single-wide, it just stretches the image out to fit as configured now. I think there is something in my monitor to switch that to one side of it only for this PC but I’m almost totally convinced based on others’ comments this is something that’s affecting other users with certain settings too. I don’t think it’s on my end at this point is my point… Juts updated NVidia drivers too…still no dice.

I’m more concerned right now with my throttle being inoperable after the update. After all, I never have to see the menus again if I get it working! :grin:

EDIT: My TCA issue was ALL ON ME! DOH! I had bumped my other yoke (which is connected for GA use) and knocked its throttle into position, causing a conflict. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Same here

4 Likes

Can anyone tell me if the handcrafted ATL conflicts the pay ware ATL please :exclamation: