Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Given Microsoft’s extent of infrastructure, let’s not forget the vast majority of the world uses Windows 10 and we all know it likes to constantly update itself when nobody asked it PLUS the extensive network behind Azure cloud and all those business products, I’d say Microsoft probably has more than enough capacity for faster MSFS releases. It’s likely more a question of cost to their netowork and just how much of it they’re willing to give to MSFS at any given time. Remember, Azure business customers pay them all the time by the minute. We don’t pay em at all outside of the initial purchase, so… they probably don’t really have an incentive to get us faster release day server performance.

3 Likes

Started my update over 90 minutes ago, went out and just got back to find it still on just over 8GB downloaded. Watched it move up to 8.45GB and then drop back to 7.99GB, so it looks like it’s been looping.

Just had to type this post into notepad and copy/paste, as the forum isn’t staying up long enough to make a post.

A bit of a surprise from an organisation like MS, even if there are probably around 2million peeps trying to update and post at once. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here. It hits 796.41 mb done and then the download speed completely stops off to 0 and it restarts

I can’t even imagine what MS’s servers are going through. I started out above 200Mb/sec, and I’m down under 4 now. Heck, I even keep getting booted off of THIS server about every 60 seconds or so.

Just 2-3 hours of downloading left before I get to find out if the 2nd runway at EGPH has been removed.

The excitement is killing me.

2 Likes

Exactly the same thing happening here, on the same package. Restarted the sim but still stuck in a loop.

Download keeps looping anywhere between 7-9gb.

Server issues and updates is one thing that they have never looked at improving since launch. The simulator practically relies on both. It’s simply not good enough, when the core functions do not work as intended.

This is the image on background when you install the update :wink:

1 Like

How come the installer jumps from 8,14GiB back to 7.99GiB and then to 8,61GiB?

You know what, now you mention it. I’ve just noticed mine appears to be doing that too…

1 Like

Done. 21.51 GB took one hour sitting in a McDonalds hijacking their WIFI.

4 Likes

Mine keeps freezing, I’ve got a black screen with a frozen timer that should be spinning in the bottom right hand corner.

I’ve tired it off and on again several times and just crashes.

The joys of buying from steam!

Same here. i’m guessing you also restarted at around 8GB downloaded?

It’s been almost two hours on my gigabit lan connection, still stuck on fs-base-cgl-0.1.47.fspatch.006

I can’t wait for the update to finish, but I hope it does actually finish

I’ll probably leave this until tomorrow, when the craziness has died down a little

2 Likes

Microsoft, please fix the download stuck on loop problem. It is affecting many of us. How can something so straightforward be so diificult?

Mine keeps getting to just after 3Gb, then drops back to 2.3Gb and starts again. Has never done anything like this before :frowning: big-files.01.118

All you who are having the looping issue - let me guess, you all have the Super Ultra Premium Awesome edition? I have the Deluxe edition and it only includes 165 files, not the 175 you are showing. Probably explains why it’s happening to some but not all.

looks like the servers are just dying under the load

does not pop to update to 1.13.16.0 MS store version.