Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Is ORBx part of the MSFS Partnership Program?

I had to carve them into the walls of our cave :axe:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know. All I know is that they helped with the generic airports (signage, markings, parking positions etc. if I remember correctly) but I donā€˜t know if they were involved in other parts of the sim or the world updates.

London looks a bit like ā€˜28 days laterā€™ - except perhaps 28 years later :smiley:

2 Likes

Loganair use the Loganair Viking Air DHC-6-400 Twin Otter for the Barra run

Yep! Love to hang my head out the window!

I truly hope they add this feature to all planesā€¦

Yeah I agree, the new elevation data is really good, a huge improvement in fact. Its revealing detail that just wasnā€™t really visible before, just hints of it in the photoscenery.

2 Likes

Is everyone else still getting crumpled cardboard cut-out London buildings?
Maybe this is why it was delayed?

1 Like

thats normal for photogrammetry on a large scale
editā€¦ i am wrongā€¦ its notā€¦ Tokyo looks much better than London

Is there a solution?

not really, you can turn off photogrammetry in the options,( in the data tab) or you could just fly higher so it looks better.

Thanks. I thought I read that Orbx had involvment ages ago but nothing recently.

Cheddar Gorge sorted! (almost)

Compare WU3 video: Cheddar Gorge, FS2020, World Update 3 Improved! - YouTube

with one I did back in November:

Is this just because of higher res terrain relief generally, or they specifically fixed a few cliffs and other verticals?

I know, but you dont get a Twinotter for MSFS

Sorry man ā€¦ i do not have issues above londen ā€¦ looks great and runs ok on my gaming LAPTOP with a max q 2070 ( the ā€œslowā€ laptop version )

There is far more to the UK than London.

Let us have more concern about flying GA in the rest of the UK and Ireland

4 Likes

Am i saying that ? Can u read my posts again instead of this ā– ā– ā– ā–  ?

I was talking about people that want more and more detail and are complaining on their local church not being modelled for example.

Happy flying

you might be right

1 Like

from the the ā€œUK and Irelandā€ update, you wouldnā€™t knowā€¦
I happened to live in Glasgow ( the largest city in Scotland) not a single POI ā€¦ nothing :man_shrugging:
whereas London has WAY too many, and consequently runs like a dog on my system in VRā€¦ it ran FINE beforeā€¦and that was WITH the OrbX pack !

2 Likes

My first dial-up modem was 300 Bits per second down, 75 bits up (yes thatā€™s 0.000075 MBits/Second)
Used to log on to Bulletin boards with it and also managed to play a multiplayer text based adventure game call MUD (Multi User Dungeons)

Happy Days :slight_smile:

Just worked out it would have taken me just over 108 Years to download my current Flight Sim contents using that modem :joy:

2 Likes