Diseabling Fighter Jets as groundtraffic?

It is possible to deactivate certain payware planes such as the Fiat G91, T45 or MB339 as ground traffic ?
It looks a bit strange when I stand on a small bush airfield and a jet is parked next to me

1 Like

or a Bleriot XI, etc…

You can try turning on “Use Generic” options in the Traffic options. If that’s on, then I think the isAirTraffic tag is honored and only those planes you set up as Air Traffic will show up (isAirTraffic=1). Without that option turned on it seems that the isAirTraffic tag is ignored (why Asobo? WHY?).

I haven’t tried it since before SU4, as it was causing constant CTD’s for me. I assume because some Liveries I have installed weren’t set up properly. It kills me that Asobo is so loose and goosey with their memory management, that small mistakes cause CTD’s.

I don’t know exactly how to set up a plane with Use Generic turned on. Some combination of icao_generic=0 or 1 and isAirTraffic=1 or 0. The SDK says something to the effect that icao_generic should only be called out in the base aircraft, and not put in liveries, and this seemed to be born out by the CTD’s I was having. But, even when I removed icao_generic from all my liveries (I think I did, I might have missed one), I still got CTD’s until I turned “Use Generic” off. But that’s only my experience, yours might be different depending on a lot of factors. I have a lot of liveries, and a lot of old ones from back in August that I’ve kind of converted to the latest livery standards, so the fault could be there if I missed something. MSFS is very dependent on exact terminology in many cases, and CTD’s or items not showing up can happen with just a misplaced comma.

the"isAirTraffic" tag was my first possible Solution, because it works for the FiaG91 Bombs, they hover and flying over the Parkingspots, but not for the Airplanes itself…so i give the “usegeneric” option a try.

I’ve found the isAirTraffic tag is ignored if the Use Generic option is turned off. Even though I set it to zero for all the planes I don’t want showing up at airports, they still show up in my experience.