Dispatches from FlightSimExpo 2023

Since not everyone can be here in Houston, I thought I’d share some pictures as the weekend goes along.

This morning, some of us attendees took a field trip to Johnson Space Center. This is the astronaut training facility, where astronauts are trained on certain procedures on what they call "low fidelity mockups:

Here is an orbiter mockup mounted on a real 747 used to ferry the orbiter:

The business end of a Falcon 9 rocket:

More to come. If anyone else is here, feel free to share pictures.

47 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

So far the biggest release / announcement is the DoubleEnder by GotFriends.
I hope to be very very wrong about this in the next few hours :slight_smile:

Looking forward to this next announcement, which will be a home cockpit one. Have no idea what it is, but I’m really curious.

1 Like

Assuming we’ll get the announcement and release of the new Famous Flyer during the MS event. And an explanation of the “July surprise.”

1 Like

That A2A Comanche. :scream: Amazing!

12 Likes

Details? Don’t leave us hanging!

My wallet is PLEADING for mercy ATM

1 Like

Agreed-the Comanche will make a great addition to my MSFS hangar.

1 Like

Visit YouTube or their website for a link to a video about the MSFS Comanche.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!!
Looking forward to the Keynote presentation!
Regards

1 Like

I’ll try to link to the video later, if it’s available and someone else hasn’t. It’s an extraordinarily high-fidelity experience for those of us who fly GA.

2 Likes

Some pictures of the room where the announcements are taking place. It’s a sold-out house today.

5 Likes

I see many empty seats. Thanks for the reports and have fun. Events like this help keep the FS energy alive.

1 Like

It’s almost like people can get up and use their feet. It’s a miracle! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can tell you are having fun!

Enjoy the rest of the presentations :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Honeycomb announcements.

Oh
My
Gaaaaawwwwdddddd!

Take. My. Money!

If Honeycomb pulls this off with these screens, we’re talking game changing stuff here. Oh my!

1 Like

Charlie pedals? [cricket, cricket, cricket]

1 Like

Sadly can’t win ‘em all. Hopefully they’ll come soon.

There are, but they sold out of tickets to the event. Also, there are people hanging out in the hallways not inside the ballroom.