Display graphics options VSYNC labels as "every frame, every 2. frame, every 3. frame" - this is how 60, 30, 20 currently work

offer VSYNC values based on integer partials of used display actual max refresh rate

I have a 100 Hz display.
I am offered 60, 30, 20.
I would expect 100, 50, 25, 20.

60, 30, 20 in fact is “every, every 2nd, every 3rd frame”.
Selecting 20 results in 33 fps for me

In Nvidia control panel or the AMD Catalyst theres an option to enable Vsync, thats locked to your refresh rate. To be fair though, I doubt you’re ever gonna see framerates higher than 60 in this title. If that’s the case, there’d be no benefit to having the Vsync set higher than 60.

I can easily see higher than that while in the air. I would regularly see 78+ over LOWI, last time I checked. I ended up sacrificing some of this headroom to bump LOD up to 500. Not so much on the ground, of course.

thank you.

1 question for the developer I guess:

if VSYNC is enabled externally, will the game optimise its render loop (if it uses such) timing to create frames at those intervals?

Pay no attention to the numbers as they do not properly exhibit the function they provide.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

I edited title and topic request

Indeed. That is technically called the “V-Sync Present Interval” in DirectX (aka Swap Interval), so that’s how it should be labeled and described in the interface.

V-Sync Present Interval = 1 or 2 or 3 (FPS limit is entirely dependent on display refresh rate)

And that’s precisely how some other games describe it properly.

It’s locked into the good old 60hrz max days and quite unprofessional for this time.

2 Likes

Oh and again I love it cropped to FPS on the third but adding a 1/4 would be awesome.

There are now “procent” values in the VSYNC settings.