"DISPLAY MODE" switched from FULL SCREEN to WINDOWED after each single automatic update, on launch since 1.29.30.0

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

N/A

Brief description of the issue:

After each automatic update the MSFS UI “DISPLAY MODE” is switched from FULL SCREEN to WINDOWED. Even if after this the DISPLAY MODE is changed manually, then APLLY AND SAVE performed, on each new MSFS update, the issue occurs

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just let the automatic update to run and achieve, then when reaching the Main UI we see the simulator is in Windowed Mode

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7 / Win 10

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I remember we had already a topic for that, but I can’t find it at the moment… so, voted.

And yes, since SU10 ( so far I remember, its while ago ) this happens after the updater was running ( also Steam users ).

But the workaround is simple : you not need the go each time into settings, just only press one time ALT+Enter and we are back in Fullscreen permanent.

3 Likes

Just to add:
Alt/Enter is a default Windows command, not a msfs command. Be sure not to map anything to alt/enter.

Ps, I’ve hit alt/enter by mistake and spent an hour head scratching…
(Was aiming for alt/tab) :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Unless you have a keyboard with a very unusual layout, that’s pretty bad aim! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I struggle somedays…:rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks, though it doesn’t prevent there’s need for fixing this issue, yes I guess it was already present in FSX and I was using it previously, very handy, the only thing I’ve missed is pressing ALT Enter will save the new FULL SCREEN parameter for next MSFS launch, so indeed a useful workaround to avoid going to settings, thanks again for the reminder. :+1:

Still waiting for a fix for this bug which is an independent bug than other threads for which I’ve not found the same reference using the forums search feature.

Wasn’t this done deliberately a while ago, due to users requesting the application to take up less space and not sitting in full screen when updating.

Anyway, tbh alt+enter takes half a second when update is done.

1 Like

The issue is not while updating, as already explained, but rather after the update process has ended and wanted to recover the personal DISPLAY SETTING setting to be FULL SCREEN before exiting from the previous MSFS session
If we set FULL SCREEN, we want the flight to occurs in FULL SCREEN next time we start a flight indeed, without the need to restore manually our own taste preference !

Let say we miss all our own settings like Joystick and Keys binding, what would we say in this case, would we be happy for such situation ? Just as an example though :wink:

I usually fly in windowed, and after last updates the sim starts in full screen:)

1 Like

Just hit alt+enter once and it’s back to full screen. It won’t switch to windowed again until another update happens. (It’s been like this for a long long time, it’s not new.)

1 Like

not so long, as mentioned :wink:

It’s more like that it worked well “a long long time” and since SU10 ( as already mentioned “so far I remember” ) this issue started. Yes, the workaround I mentioned also already in first post , but it is still a issue which should be fixed.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same thing happens to me

Closing as this is currently by design. It was changed a few updates ago following user feedback that updates were done in full screen mode.

1 Like