DIY: A Touchscreen Mini-Panel

Here’s yet another attempt to build a “Button Box” for flight sim. The irony is, by employing a touchscreen, it has actually eliminated the need for any “button”. The goal is to utilize the screen and the rotary encoders to reduce interactions with the mouse. At this point, the feature set is limited by the interface to the sim. Many commands and sim variables aren’t available through the connector. Suggestion and feedback are welcome. See the video for schematic and source code.

7 Likes

This is a really cool project. Love it. Please share the on going developments.
Take care and healthy flying

Thanks for sharing this, it was really informative and shows what is possible for really a small amount of money …when you compare to the 1000,s dollar plus ready built fcu units that are available …I’m thinking about the ones out there for the a320s…you are onto a winner ,so please continue the great work and sharing your knowledge it’s really appreciated

Cheers

1 Like

Super impressive! The video is fantastic, well-edited and to the point. What a difference to many videos where DIY guys hold their box up in the air and talk unprepared.
Your project takes home Cockpit building up a notch with the touch screen approach. This is a travel size Airbus cockpit lol! VRInsight or Saitek should be scared, this is a cheap and tiny alternative if you don’t have a lot of space and are ready to compromise a bit on realism.

Fantastic job! Thanks for sharing do generously, and keep us posted!

1 Like

This touchscreen is not a display off Windows. It functions completely as a standalone unit. So touching it will not move or focus the mouse (away from the sim) at all.

Just to let those who are interested know that an update is available for this Touchscreen Mini-Panel.

1 Like

Hi, i have a touch screen display which i use for the G3000 but unfortunatly, it is not working anymore since the su5 update…:roll_eyes:

This is super thanks! Your rotary encoders to flight sim video was also very useful for a project I’m working on so thanks again.

1 Like