DIY Force Feedback Rudder Pedals - Completed

Hello

To make this, first of all, I bought to the Cessna 172 Real rudder pedals(used rudder pedals) from Ebay last 9th, APR and it will be arrive at me today. :slightly_smiling_face:

As Like the BFF’s DIY Openbeam FFB Flight Yoke(Cessna 152 style), It’s BFF products will be used.

It will be also use the same servo motor. However, it will be use a 8:1 planetary gear box together.

I searched for the spacing between each other or how many travel to do of this in the Rudder Pedals of Real Cessna 172.

But I couldn’t find any information about these.

I also don’t know how much forces power the Toe Brakes needs.

If anyone knows any information about this, please let me know to make a this DIY FFB Rudder Pedals!

I will first sketch how to make it with by pencil.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

3 Likes

Hello

Most of the components for the Rudder pedals are ready.

But some parts are still needed. Also, most of these things need to be processed.

The Planetary Gearbox is not 16:1 ratio. It’s 14:1 ratio.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

2 Likes

Cool project.

I’d suggest if you really want to go the whole hog, use loadcells for the toe brakes and a damper to control how much “squish” they have. That results in a brake that responds to how hard you press rather than how far you press and is far closer to how brakes work in reality… it’s common to use in high end driving sim brake pedals.

When I built my own driving sim brake I used a 100kg loadcell but there’s no need to go that high here and you could use more compact smaller ones. There are several form factors so you could choose whichever you think is easiest to incorporate into your design.

Hello

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve already looked up about it.

But I didn’t see the toe brakes of flight simulation someone made of DIY.

I think it seems very complicated and not to simple. Therefore, I decided to use Gas spring and slide potentiometer as planned.

It is a very small gas spring and has a 30mm stroke. and has a power of 30N.
I don’t know what the real torque of the toe brakes but I think it’s enough power. :grin:

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Hello

This included in DIY Cessna 152 Home cockpit. so It’s also completed! :smiley:

I’ll make a video that works soon.(It’s will be included in my home cockpit working video)

Thanks!

4 Likes

May I ask what the problem with MobiFlight was because i am operating trim and flaps successfully with it - both input as well as displaying settings

Hello

There was a problem of unstable work when Indication the final position. But I fixed this problem yesterday.

the mobiflight is a very nice program. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

I am interested in your project and would be intrested in build one set to use with MS FS2020, DCS and more importantly for Condor glider simulator.
How much did ordering all the part cost?

Glider flying require constant and accurate rudder pedal use, and with higher air speed, the force on the pedals changes significantly. FFB rudder pedals would a great addition in my opinion.

Thank you for sharing your project.

Hello

I’m sorry for the late reply.

I don’t know exactly because I’ve never calculated.

But it probably cost close to $1000

Unfortunately, The CL_SPU_USB + BLDRV3 cards what I use is no longer sell.

You can check the reason on this site.

https://bffsimulation.com/

I hope he will sell the products again soon, but I don’t know when it will be.

I emailed him the other week. He said he’s done with the FFB cards. Never to resume production.

Hello

I made this test video today because there was no proper test video for rudder pedals.

Also, yesterday I reduced of the movement a little to rudder pedals.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon