DLC Update

Hi, I bought month ago the sceneries of EGLL and LEIB in the MS DLC. Weeks ago the developer of these sceneries bring out an update. I am waiting now for more then a month to download the update via the DLC. It is hoorible that we have to wait such a long time to get the updates. I f this will be normal for the futur, I never bought a scenery in the DLC again, sorry.
Roland

By DLC, do you mean The Marketplace? If so, do you mean you have slow download speeds?

Oh yes, I mean the marketplace. When I open this marketplace there will be for weeks only one update for an Garming system, nothing else.

1 Like

There’s usually a significant delay between developers pushing their stuff to 3rd party sites and it getting published in the MSFS Marketplace. Depending on how much work there is for the MS ingest team, it can be anywhere from 1 week to1 month or more.

I was once a huge supporter of the marketplace, but due to these lengthy delays, I no longer buy anything there except marketplace exclusive stuff. And even then, I do that reluctantly.

1 Like

Agreed with Crunch,

If you are not on XBOX, avoid the MP like the plague, unless it’s exclusive to them.

Another reason to avoid the marketplace for airport scenery that affects some folks:

Files are encrypted. So if you use external 3rd party tools that will scan data of installed airports (Pilot2ATC for example), it’s unable to extract data from these encrypted airports, making them incompatible with said 3rd party tools.

Granted, not everyone uses 3rd party tools that need this, so only a subset of users will be affected. But for me, that’s the top reason I won’t buy marketplace airports any more.

1 Like

This also applies to LittleNav Map!

1 Like

Indeed. I was trying to think of examples offhand and only P2A was coming to mind. But yes, LNM as well. It can’t import the data from Marketplace airports due to encryption.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.