DLSS 3 + Frame generator + Vsync

With this 3 voices on the fps going high and not at the Vsync setting (in my case 120hz monitor)

Topic Moved to Community Support

The Bug Reporting Category is for creating reproducible bugs (without creating duplicates) by using the provided template :+1:

Curious if anyone has found the best way to get vsync to work with MSFS (if possible). I can force it on nvidia control panel, but there’s massive lag.

dont change somewhat within NCP… simple enable it within the in-game settings and it works.

If issues, do some test-cases with enabled and with disabled nvidia Frame-Generation. The result would be interessting.

So I have it just enabled in game now, but still getting screen tearing on interior views. Perhaps it just needs to be refined in an update?

Are you using DLSS3? Do you have a GSync monitor? In my case Gsync on and vsync with Frame-generation works fine with little to no lag.

you get tearing if you have higher fps than your monitor can handle… and avoid that is the only thing for what Vsync exist. Are your fps above what your monitor can handle ?

Andd the question is then still open: does enable/disable nvidia Frame-Generation change the situation ?The question is important, because the game not know about that “magic” Frame-Generation and may be in that case, the in-game setting have an issue ( repeated: a guess, a may be, a… :slight_smile: )

@WarnersWorld yes… Gsync is then for syncing below the monitors max fps

Yep, Gsync only works in conjuction with vsync, if you turn off vsync (in the NCP) then you still get tearing at frame rates above the refresh rate of the display.

From what I have found, the in game Vsync option does not work great when using frame generation.

The easiest way to work around this if Gsync is not available and when using Frame generation is to set a frame rate limit using the nvidia control panel. This will introduce a small amount of latency but not a massive amount.

1 Like

hmm… a max fps cause a lag ? I’am not sure about, thought not.

Lots of users dont like Vsync, and you can simulate that in the way that you set a max-fps-limit which is 3-5fps lower ( its a bit try out ) than your monitors fps. This works like a Vsync, but without the small lag vsync can cause.

here we should collect more informations. I would understand that with FrameGen the in-game setting may be have an issue, but at least enable that in nvidia control center should allways work. I never noticed a “lag” with vsync, but if so, then users can try the mentioned max-fps-trick :slight_smile:

The latency comes about because of the frame that is inserted, the lower you limit the frame rate the higher the input latency (its essentially doubled due to the inserted frame)

Its hardly noticeable though.

Beta drivers fixes tearing issues and improved upscaling but the release on those was delayed over something else.

Current drivers: yes screen tearing, or line artifacting is an issue with Frame generation on. you can do the force vsync in the Nvidia driver settings, game off and set the frame limiter in nvidia settings slightly below yoru refresh to help a bit however testing on betas revealed an issue they are addressing (an oversight).

Only real fix to completely eliminate it is to set your monitor and game to the same resolution.

I run at 1440p Ultra with frame gen on and TAA rather than DLSS Quality and get great results. with the PC set to 1440p - artifacting/tearing is completely gone.

Surprisingly 4k doesn’t hit as hard as I thought either, but once again game and monitor must match and the scaling Must be 100%.

I of course refine sharpness, texture detail in the Nvidia panel filters for the best look (ALT f3)

until the scaling issue in the drivers is fixed, matching is the only way. I don’t mind changing the windows resolution manually for it, and when I go to 4k games ill swap manually again. that way everything looks smooth.

One thing i noticed. on a Hisense 75 inch u8k tv it will upscale without tearing. at 4k it is a 144hz tv, 240hz at 1440p. VRR ALM on. THE game smoothness also kicks in making it apear at even a higher frame rate so it is butter smooth. i let it upscale and set 2 settings and the tearing is gone even when rez is not matched and it upscales from 1440p to 4k. I may need a different monitor but for pc monitors (using DVI than hdmi) you need to match the rez in windows and game with 100% norm rez. to use frame gen.