Dlss3 Frame Generation greyed out

Thats cool. I had tried frame insertion and found it to have tearing issues. Thanks!

Hi. Iā€™m also having this issue. Tried everything recommended including a fresh driver install but no luck, still greyed out. Any new ideas?

What OS do you have ? because Iā€™m thinking to go for windows 11 as MSFS support said

It is grayed out in the sim as this needs to be enabled in Windows.

Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling must be activated in Windows to use DLSS Frame Generation. In Windows 11, this option is turned on by default. To enable this feature in Windows 10, press the Windows key on your keyboard, type Graphics settings and press enter. This opens the Graphics settings menu. Here you can enable Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. A restart is required to activate the feature.

1 Like

Hi Jummivana, my issue is not solved neither is it for a lot of other people. We all enabled HAGS, we restarted, updated drivers ect ect. Itā€™s still not appearing. And when we force it in the config file it enables and is still greyed out.

5 Likes

DX12 beta has to be enabled for this feature to appear as an option. Had same problem here.

As Metalzodiac said, we tried everything, checked and rechecked. Iā€™m on Win11, DX12 enabled, last driver (clean install) etc. The only thing missing for me is a complete FS reinstall which Iā€™ll do it now and report back later.

1 Like

Well, even a fresh FS install didnā€™t work, still greyed out. Frustrating.

1 Like

maybe resizable bar on bios isnt onā€¦ i only had to turn on the dx 12 then it was available
and it does work well its incredibleā€¦ hope you guys get it sorted asapā€¦

1 Like

HAGS have to be also ON alongside DX12 for this function to appear.

I donā€™t know if the problem related to something else i just installed the latest windows & GPU driver updates however still DLSS greyd out although itā€™s (on) but the highest FPS i got is 70 in default Beechcraft Bonanza over London, can anyone tell if you have hardwares like mine, Iā€™m having GPU RTX4090/ CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core/ RAM 64.0GB/ windows10 pro (22H2) OS build(19045.2311)/ connected to Samsung QN90A TV (HDMI 2.1)

P.S
Oh Please stop saying HAGs & DX12 must be on

2 Likes

My setup is I9-10900k, 4090, 32RAM, Win11 connected to Alienware aw3423dw. I get the same 70 fps default with dllss frame generation greyed out no matter what. Today Nvidia released a new driver (526.98) but no luck, the problem persists.

1 Like

I think by now everyone in this forum has turned on HAGS restarted and is using DX 12. Weā€™ve also changed the config file from 0 to 1, which btw it seems you have to do it everytime a major update happens. Oh and before anyone asks, Iā€™m sure everyone who has reported this on this forum has a certified 4090 card and an i9 processor. I for one am using Windows 11, thought that may have been the issue. Itā€™s very frustrating, 4090ā€™s arenā€™t cheap and watching people blown away by itā€™s performance on YouTube is demoralizing. My questions are:

Is Asobo aware of this?
Is Windows aware?
Is NVIDIA aware?

Is anyone working on a fix or are we all on our own?

4 Likes

Same issue here with a Brand new 4080 and DLSS Frame Generation being greyed out in the MSFS Settings.

• DirectX12 is on in MSFS
  • HAGS in on in Windows 11 (Build: 10.0.22621.819)
  • Latest Nvidia Driver 526.98 is installed
1 Like

Have you tried reset to default in MSFS graphic settings? The default should return settings to DLSS, Frame Generation and DX12 when it detect you have a 40-series GPU

1 Like

Good point. Just tried it, but the DLSS Frame Generation Option keeps being greyed out.

I guess I found the problem, at least in my setup. I went into the UserCfg.opt file and changed DLSSG 0 to DLSSG 1 (mandatory) and frame generations still greyed out but if I use an external fps counter like FPS Monitor or the one from Nvidia Geforce Experience (alt+R to display it) it shows more than 100 frames in 4k
Apparently itā€™s a UI bug but it seems to be working.

2 Likes

That did the trick, thanks!

@Jummivana Can this be tracked as a bug? Or do we need to submit it somewhere else?

1 Like

Thank you for the information! Iā€™ve shared it with the team and will update the tags accordingly as they look into this.

3 Likes

Same issue here.
Inter menu it remains outgreyedā€¦