Dlss3 Frame Generation greyed out

I got a 4090 and would like to try the frame generation but its greyed out. I enabled hags, reinstalled the nvidia driver but I cant get it turned on. Any ideas why?

Thanks!

-edit

(I do not recommend editing this file as it can be risky, edit at own risk)

“I went into the UserCfg.opt file and changed DLSSG 0 to DLSSG 1 and now frame generation is turned on and working. The option is still greyed out in the UI however. Bug in the UI perhaps?”

• Since the latest version it has been fixed by Asobo
2 Likes

Maybe you haven’t switched to DX12?

2 Likes

Dx12 is on

1 Like

Turn on HAGS

4 Likes

Hags is also turned on

1 Like

DLSS selected as the AA solution? (Not DLAA mode!)

1 Like

Yes thats also turned on

3 Likes

1 Like

(I do not recommend editing this file as it can be risky, edit at own risk)

I went into the UserCfg.opt file and changed DLSSG 0 to DLSSG 1 and now frame generation is turned on and working. The option is still greyed out in the UI however. Bug in the UI perhaps?

2 Likes

That is really weird, glad you got it sorted out.

2 Likes

The reflex option seems to have changed also and is now grayed out. Maybe reflex should be on (not boosted). But this looks indeed like a UI bug, can’t test it as I don’t have a 4090.

2 Likes

For me, even forcing it on via UserCfg doesn’t turn it on.

Edit: Had to turn on DX12 Beta.

1 Like

I don’t even see frame generation in the menu. I did change DLSSG 0 to DLSSG 1 in UserCfg.opt. CapFrameX is reporting around double of dev mode fps so I guess frame generation is working. It seems I can turn it on/off in the menu with the option “MENU.GRAPHICS_EFFECT_DLSS_G”. Very confusing.

1 Like

I opted out of the beta then joined again. Menu is not messed up anymore.

2 Likes

Oh thats promising, I’ll try that tomorrow :wink: cheers

Didn’t change it for me! opting in and out… still greyed out

2 Likes

I don’t have DLSSG 0 in the usercfg, I got HAGs enabled, windows 11, DX12 beta on ingame. I’m running 1.27.21.0.

HAGs requires a PC restart, and DX12 Beta requires a game restart. After that the DLSS Frame Generation option is no longer greyed out.

Also doesn’t hurt to get the latest drivers.

1 Like

For me I’m still having the same issue, I bought RTX4090 specifically for DLSS Frame Generation option and it’s greyed out ! I’ve got the latest GPU driver(526.86), windowes 10(22H2), sim11(1.29.28.0), all updated, HAGs and DX12 Beta are on, (both with restarting) what else?

2 Likes

MetalZodiac brought the solution to me. Find the Usercfg.opt and change DLSSG from 0 to 1. It ist still greyed out, but it’s active. What I then did, I changed the V-Sync for FS2020 to ON in the Nvidia Control Panel, not within FS2020. A complete new experience, FS2020 is now perfectly smooth!!!

1 Like