Do not blame Asobo on this one! Do not install MS Windows update kb5001330 (today)

I’ve downloaded it and my AMD system is running just fine.

LOL! Not sure about the ‘totally unrealistic’ part. It is just a simulator, after all.

Well, as you already heard, I don’t fly any of the complex jetliners or turbo-props either, for that matter.
I am still a very unsophisticated “learner” without even a simulator’s PPL, so I just accept my limits.

Also, since the repetitive filing of flight plans, running through check-lists, etc. (been there, done that - boring) is certainly important and vital to real flight, for now I just opt to capitalize on the power of the sim so that I can jump right into the plane, all fired up and ready to take-off.

This maximizes my time for practicing/refining my actual flying skills, as opposed to those ground based time-eaters.

Some day, I hope to feel comfortable enough in the air so that I can re-focus on those other time consuming parts that are also important. I would certainly never try to argue THAT point. It’s obvious that you are just way more advanced than I am.

I read that KB5001330 is an IMPORTANT patch for MS-Windows. Therefore I tested NVidia 457.30 and KB5001330 together on my MS-Windows 10 2004. I say: The old NVidia driver 457.30 has no problem with KB5001330. Only the new drivers 465.89 and 466.11 produce stutter together with KB5001330.

This constellation is perfect for finger pointing: Microsoft says: the NVidia driver is the culprit and NVidia says: KB5001330 is broken. So much fun!

1 Like

There is now (or very soon) a fix for this KB available.

1 Like

google translator:

Windows 10: Lower game performance was an update problem

A Windows update is said to have caused problems since the beginning of April. However, not all users are affected, only those who want to play. According to Microsoft, there can be performance problems here under certain conditions. Update KB5000842 (2004-OS Build 19041.906 and 20H2-OS Build 19042.906) is responsible. A small group of users have reported lower than expected game performance after installing this update. Most of the users affected by this issue run games in full screen or borderless windowed mode and use two or more monitors.

This problem is addressed with the Known Issue Rollback (KIR). Users should note that it can take up to 24 hours for the solution to be automatically transferred to consumer devices and unmanaged business devices. In other words: Microsoft fixes the update for you and ensures that you are on an “old” level. When users restart their device, the solution may apply to their device faster. For company-managed devices that have installed an affected update and that are experiencing this problem, it can be fixed by installing and configuring a special group policy.

Happy to report no issues with KB5000842 or KB5001330 before and after the security update of yesterday. I run Asphalt-8 and MSFS single player, not noticed any difference. I7 tenth gen, MX330, 16G

Have a look here and here about the multiplayer flight issues. Maybe time to set some rules for MP flight , that is official and standard aircraft and standard liveries. Third party freeware seems to cause issues, even a mixed population of Standard and DeLuxe licences can cause blinking name plates and stuttering.

Just a heads up, after I deleted/uninstalled this win-update, for some reason it wiped my app data folders.
Meaning most of my settings for all my software was wiped.
I have been desperately trying to fix everything since it happened since I have system restore turned off sadly.

I don’t have any FPS issues other than the multiplayer problems. I did uninstall KB5001330 to see if that addressed the multiplayer issue but it seems Asobo does need to fix the sim on that topic. I did reinstall KB5001330 and I see no issues in any of my other games. But I’m sure it’s a fluke on other system builds as I’ve run into my fair share of bugs and work-arounds.

I’ve uninstalled the update but there are still critical issues with multiplayer if other than the default aircraft/liveries are used. I’ve seen it and have corrected it by getting the offending players either disconnected or reconnected with default aircraft. This is an Asobo issue and must be fixed urgently.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.