Do you really care about VR? MSFS Dev Update - VR Could Be So Much Better

3 Likes

It’s a valid complaint and a disappointing response, happens 100% of the time for me

6 Likes

Edited out.

1 Like

It’s just a matter of entering the cockpit and do a proper shutdown. How can they miss this?
As for the time spent on this issue it’s one minute to shutdown.
Please fix this.

3 Likes

He hasn’t said that they don’t see the bug. He just said that other items are more important.

He dismissed by saying it’s hardly there which it’s not the case and that’s what I find baffling

2 Likes

He said that based on cost/value, other items are in favor under the constraint of limited time.

We all judge bugs based on our individual experience, and this is for sure an understandably big problem for some of us. But I guess they have good data on what is a problem for the average simmer, and will decide based on that.

1 Like

All because he hardly noticed…
Which is not what’s happening to all of us…

3 Likes

Yes, except it’s always non-VR related items :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I guess because the big majority of people don’t use VR. I e.g. also own a VR headset, but never use it for MSFS.

Of course it’s not nice to be told that an annoyence you have is not noticable - I’m for example a bit sad that they keep explaining that cloud and thunderstorm physics are fine - but maybe they simply do not know the frequency and audience size well enough.

So keep pisting and reporting.

1 Like

Hi,

I would like serious questions asked of the development management if this is their response to a very obvious flaw, a flaw that is a result of a change they made. Just because he could but reproduce it himself is no reason to ignore what is a very clear issue, a very clear immersion issue.

It begs the question; Why do they show such ignorance towards VR issues? If the excuse is because we are a “minority” then that is shamefully inappropriate and not seeing the biggest picture.

Yes there are bigger issues to deal with, but first and foremost as a software developer they should understand that if they create an issue then they fix it in good time, not leave it to collect dust.

I’m actually quite disgusted by his response to valid customers, it’s simply not good enough and a slap in the face for all the bug reports I and others have ever sent, I ask what is the point?

I would normally end my post with “thanks”, but today I end it with:

Disappointed

3 Likes

I fly in VR and I never thought it’s such a big problem for others. I would not even place it in the top 50 bugs in MSFS. When I turn off avionics or batteries the view freezes for a moment and that’s it. It’s the end of the flight anyway so I don’t really care. A second later I hit ESC and exit the game. I don’t have any 2D panels opened because they are bigger immersion killer than this so-called bug. And not all planes are affected by this. I can turn avionics and batteries on and off in PMDG 737 or Fenix A320 all day long and nothing happens.

I agree with Asobo, they should focus on fixing more annoying bugs.

9 Likes

That freeze bug, which exists since the dawn of mankind, is the same thing as making a spelling mistake in your product name and then just leave it there for later because you’re busy.

Not the end of the world, but it sure makes you look bad.

I spent a period of time flying the PMDG 737 and thought the problem had been fixed.
First time I jumped into another plane I received the “jolt” :grimacing:
Maybe PMDG and MSFS need to have the talk.

The difference is PMDG and Fenix have many custom made systems and battery is one of them. MSFS does not know you switched them off and doesn’t trigger End of Flight state when logbook pops up, depends of your Assistance settings. If you hit ALT+B (default shortcut for MSFS batteries) the screen will freeze like in other planes.

Because it’s a feature, not a bug as some people call it. When you land, park your plane and turn off batteries the game assumes you have finished your flight, opens Logbook and proceeds to update your profile records, achievements and whatever else it needs to save. It was designed to work like this from the beginning of MSFS.
Later they gave us an option to disable logbook popup but the rest of the background processes still take place. That’s why you see a few seconds stutter. That freeze also happens in 2D, I don’t know why people think it’s a VR only thing.

2 Likes

They have the option to not open the logbook at the end of the flight and that’s a bug they created. They just need to not reset the flight. Why is so hard to keep the current VR state?
Does the view jumps out of the cockpit in 2D?

1 Like

If you try to move camera after switching off batteries the view will stuck for a moment, but the position of the camera or it’s orientation won’t change.

That’s the thing, we don’t try to move the camera after shutdown. The bug happens the instant you turn off batteries.
Instead of having the logbook appear after shutdown, try to disable that option and you’ll see the jump it makes when you shutdown in VR…

1 Like

I have logbook popup disabled already. Still not a big issue. I’d like them to “fix” it but if they won’t I can live with it. As I said before it’s one of million little issues you can find in MSFS, definitely not a game breaking bug.

3 Likes