Do you (still) think deluxe and premium were worth it?

Yes. I think all of the three packages are worth it - and extremely good value for money (if you can’t get them free).
:slightly_smiling_face:
Better then X-plane/P3D

1 Like

It depends what you want. I didn’t need airpotrs so I counted only planes and bought deluxe. I think standard have pretty good selection of planes, so it will be enough. I am happy to deluxe, 6€ for plane is not bad.

Other hand you could buy Standard + Carenado M20R, I would recommed that.

1 Like

I still can’t use my premium pack i paid fir. My sim doesn’t want to recognise nor download it. That’s the biggest frustration so far, for me. And NONE of all the workarrounds are working… i just wasted that money for nothing. Yet, i am verry happy with the sim, it’s just splendid…with one big frustration…can’t fly nor download all these splendid liveries of the 787🥺

Definitely worth the money. I wanted the C172 steam gauges so the Deluxe version was a must. I decided to go all the way just in case I might visit one of the included airports one day. (Haven’t done so yet.) I was also thinking that maybe MS/Asobo might add a few extra’s for Premium Deluxe users and I didn’t want to miss out on that. (Didn’t happen though and seems it never will.) And as someone else already said: I was afraid (or I was sure) I would regret it later on if I didn’t do it. :wink:

Looking at the amount of time I already put in MSFS the 120 was a real bargain. I spend that amount of money in worse ways a LOT of times. :wink: I also don’t plan to spend any money on payware addons (well, apart from a real good study level Dash 8 Q400) so compared to FSX and P3D and all the addons I bought for those 120 is almost nothing. A steal. And for my kind of use it totally knocks FSX/P3D out of the ballpark (if that’s how you say it). MSFS is a dream come true. Yes, also in its current state already. Best sim ever. And it will only get better.

1 Like

It would be a kind of changing rules during a game, although they didn’t say they would never do it.

Why would it be? We paid for more content than the other game versions, if they ever added some more just to the PD version it would just be an extension to that promise.

I not regret that I bought the full package, but I can on other side also not recommend it. It’s simple to over-priced for what you get. Bying the normal package and then e.g. a single aircraft of your choice, e.g. the mooney M20R, is currently the better way… Of course, you get also some additional airports, but truely - you sit in your airplane about 95% of time and you can not make a walk-around throug the airport :wink:

BTW I think the names were badly chosen. The shouldn’t have called it MSFS Standard, MSFS Deluxe and MSFS Premium Deluxe. Instead they should have called it MSFS, period, and the other two something like MSFS Airfield & Aircraft Pack 1 and MSFS Airfield & Aircraft Pack 2. Because that’s what they are in fact: DLC packages. They aren’t special versions of MSFS at all.

As I said above I was hoping for some extra stuff for Premium Deluxe version users because those users have a different version of the sim but they don’t: they have the exact same version of the sim but with additional content. Had they sold those two options as DLC packages I would never have thought of additional content because I was some sort of special user. (Don’t get me wrong: this isn’t a big deal to me at ALL: I never really hoped for additional PD-user content: it more or less crossed my mind and I’m just using this as an example.)

Selling the two packages as DLC would have prevented some confusion (like for those who bought the Deluxe version while using the game pass for MSFs) and would have made it more clear what they actually are. You also wouldn’t have gotten those odd price differences (between buying the ‘PD-version’ at once or buying the ‘packs’ later on).

1 Like

Agreed with the naming, it was confusing at best… It’s like saying Best, bestest and beterdbest… but i guess that was discussed at some meeting somewhere, sometime.

I went for the big one, haven’t regretted it since. It’s nice having some extra toys to expiriment with. Wouldhave loved to see some more vintage propellor and jet planes in there though, but i’ll wait and see what comes up from any direction. Cropdusting fields would be a good addition back from the early versions :wink:

regards,

Steiny

If I may make a suggestion, the i5-10600K is a beast of a CPU, especially for gaming. It also doesn’t really need an OC as the base boost is already 4.8GHz, and it uses that most of the time anyway. And the base clock and boost speed are a lot higher than the non-K variant, so even if you don’t OC (I played around with it, but decided stock was more than good enough), the value is there. The downside is that they’re still hard to find at MSRP, and we’re 5 months past the launch, but I’ve noticed Newegg tends to have them.

If you’re doing intense productivity apps, the 10700K or 10900K might be more suitable, but they’re quite a bit more expensive so make sure you’re going to take advantage of those cores before you just go for the top end by default.

It does need a cooler, I recommend the Noctua U12S. It’s really quiet, REALLY effective, and quite affordable. And it’s available in all black now, no need for that puke brown anymore. And the MB should (with emphasis on SHOULD, nobody is making promises) support 11th Gen when it gets here so it’s got a good upgrade path.

I have no financial incentive in pitching this to you, just an enthusiastic end-user.

KevyKevTPA
PP, ASEL, IA

Yes, I am extremely pleased with my purchase. Yes, it’s got a few bugs and was probably released before it was fully baked, but I have faith that Asobo will get most of them fixed, and fixed quickly. I’ve also decided I’d rather have a somewhat buggy version in hand than just limited to watching videos from beta testers on YouTube and drooling over them.

I bought the Carenado M20R, which I think was (and is) too expensive, but I wanted a piston single with some oomph, and with the 1.1.1 update, they’ve quashed a lot of bugs in their plane. The pricing will have to adjust as more competitors come online with their GA planes, or they won’t sell anymore once their virtual monopoly is gone. It also hits framerates more than I think it should, I’m hoping they’ll fix that in a future update.

Anyway, I’ll stop rambling. Yes, I love it. Just buy it. The skies are calling.

KevyKevTPA
PP, ASEL, IA

There was no such promise. The only version difference was the number of airports and aircraft. They didn’t say PD version users would get more content than standard version users in the future.
But I can imagine there will be some addons which will be using the aircraft available in PD version only. That would be OK.

Not to go off topic but thanks for the heads up and advice. I will look more into it based on your recommendation. Cheers

1 Like

Not with the current state of the sim but I’m sure it’ll be worth it eventually.

1 Like

I bought the full package and would do it again without any doubt. Look what you pay for a 3rd party airport! I got 10 of those! I would really miss the detailed versions of SFO, Frankfurt, O’Hare, Heathrow and Denver. And I like the 787 very much despite it’s (temporary) flaws.

The title was not worth $120 imo in its current state

3 Likes

Yes. It wasn’t that much more expensive anyway.

1 Like

Its only a bit 'o money - other then watching football while it gets colder and colder - what else is there to do then mess around in MSFS? (Squadrons seems a bust)

More options = more interesting = more enjoyable.

WORTH it ?? Depends on how you define “Worth it”

On a purely MONEY Cost … the extra planes & airports as a added Bundle, cost far less than getting those items separately – so yes – good value.

Worth it - when talking about all the extra stress & difficulties being able to use those planes, (as they stand at the moment), and the amount of time WASTED trying to use & sort out things that do not work … EXTREMELY “NOT WORTH IT”

In the end, it really comes down to what you consider your TIME is “worth”.

I’ve spent a “reasonable” amount of time, trying to get things to work in MSFS, that I certainly did not expect to have to do, when I purchased the product.

SO:

• Purchase Cost = very good value for what was advertised.
  • Time wasted, being an unpaid Alpha tester (not even going to say Beta tester) = EXTREME COST

Unless you have almost unlimited “spare time” and nothing better to do,(or your have to do as a responsible adult) , my advise to anyone considering purchasing MSFS is

(a) Sure, if you want, and have $60 burning a hole in your pocket, buy MSFS.
(it will be far better for you than $60 worth of “Fast Food”)

(b) Check it out, considering it as an Early Preview.

( c) Then put it away and get on with the more important things in life, and maybe take another look over the Christmas Holidays, to see what has improved.

What must be clear to all by now, is that what your Purchased, is NOT (Currently) what was promoted and advertised… Its up to the user to decide how much that difference is going to disappoint them.

2 Likes

Standard edition is fine for me.
Looking forward to some decent military style aircraft in the the 3rd party market soon.