Do you think they'll ever fix blurry displays when using DLSS?

DLSS looks great, other than for glass displays. Do you think they’ll ever fix this? They said a year or so ago they would try to add masks for the displays, but that obviously never happened (perhaps it wasn’t possible?).

Honestly, it’s kind of odd. Other text around the aircraft that is not on a glass display looks fine, even when it’s the same size as that on the glass display. Something about how those displays work in MSFS makes them super blurry in DLSS.

I have a mid-range system, and while 90% of my flights are fine on TAA I would just love to eek out another 5-10fps using DLSS for those times where my frames dip into the 20s. But unless I’m flying a completely analogue cockpit, it’s just not an option.

There was a rumor that they just forgot about it until someone brought it up on a dev q&a recently, at which point they said they’d thought it was already done and promised again to look at it again.

I have no links or quotes to back this up, and since there’s no future SUs scheduled on MSFS2020 this probably means if it happens at all it’ll be on MSFS2024. :slight_smile:

Honestly, it’s kind of odd. Other text around the aircraft that is not on a glass display looks fine, even when it’s the same size as that on the glass display. Something about how those displays work in MSFS makes them super blurry in DLSS.

I actually saw the opposite when I had an Nvidia card and tried DLSS – text in flat textures on other surfaces was also blurry, just like the flat textures in the glass avionics. Only text and other dials and markers that were shaped 3d models appeared to be more or less full resolution.

1 Like

I am using the latest DLSS version, so perhaps it has improved for the most part, but the glass displays are still terrible.

So it sounds like this won’t get patched until next year for MSFS2020 then, if ever. Hopefully they fix it for MSFS2024 like you say.

1 Like

(An example of blurry text is the various placards on the C172, IIRC.)

Hmm, I guess you are right. There is some more blurriness compared to native. I guess it’s just far more noticeable on a glass display.

TAA

DLSS Ultra Quality

DLSS Quality

1 Like

Hilarious. That’s almost up there with Jens saying (a while ago, paraphrasing) “…since there’s so much interest in VR in these questions, why don’t we focus very heavily on VR in the next devstream” or something to that effect. Never happened, VR-session was never mentioned again. And VR in general mentioned almost never…

1 Like

Supersampling helps a lot. But of course, then you end up losing a lot of the frames that DLSS gains you… still worth it for me though, in VR. I feel the frame pacing is much more concistent with DLSS vs TAA too.