Document Keyboard Layout of the Sim

Try to go through the easy tutorials. I went to the lesson where she says a runway will take you anywhere think it’s flying straight and level. Objectives come up and she tells you to focus on the runway and shows a 4 in a box and says press and hold. For the life of me can’t get past that point I don’t know what button to press.

I assume you are looking at Tutorial 3 Take-off ^ Level Flight.

The very start tells you to “Check for Runway Traffic: To Focus on runway, hold [xxxxxx]”. In my case, it is button 1 on my stick. For you it seems that it is mapped to button 4, so perhaps try pressing that? If you are unsure which button is 4, there should in theory be a picture of the stick with labels for all the buttons. Not always though. Using the search to check each button is the way to find out if that is the case.

The command they want you to use, is “Toggle Smart Camera” which in theory looks at the first important thing in the local area. In this case, the runway. You can also use the default Keyboard command for this, which is the “s” key.

You can check in the controller setup by going to your controller, and in the “Search by Input” search bar to the left, for any controller, press a button & it will tell you what it does, if it is assigned, or just scroll through the Camera settings until you find this command, and see what is assigned to it.

Thanks. That’s exactly what I did. Not difficult- just annoying.

Wow, I will certainly second that. I’m looking at all the previous versions in my library and all the documentation that came with them, some hefty manuals not to mention what was included with the sims. What did we get with this one? NADA!