Does AIG now have contrails in AI traffic finally?

I use FSLTL now, but it annoys me with disappearing planes right after landing. I guess, this happens, when the plane deactivates its transponder and it dissapears from Flightradar.

When it came out, I used AIG. It was the first AI traffic tool, that earned that name. I liked the traffic, but I dismissed it, because back then it had no contrails, that FSLTL brought into. And you certainly want to see other planes in the sky with contrails on them.

I deinstalled AIG, but I know, that it was a pain to be installed. Today I read, that can be made easier with the new version of the installer, so I am thinking, I might give it a try again. But only, if the planes now have contrails. So please, can answer someone to me that now has AIG running, that AIG now has introduced contrails to their planes, as all other traffic tools have it now?

Thanks in advance

Markus

What do you mean not having contrails?

I have been using them since day one, and they always show contrails:

FSLTL or AIG or any other AI disappearing after landing is caused by a lot of problems, mainly airport ADE files, which does not include proper taxiway or apron paths layouting. Many DominicDesign Team’s Asian airports like Chitose (RJCC), Jeju (RKPC), TanSonNhat (VVTS) are like this for example. You can notice by asking for “taxi to runway” and the ground controller won’t give you the route just “taxi to runway”. So AI planes will be immediately gone after landing, or they will disappear after requesting departure, since they are unable to find paths to their parking spot or departure runway.

If you use Live Traffic, that might also be the case that the ADSB broadcast is ended after they landed and making them disappear from the flight tracker. Keep in mind, while FSLTL can “model match” the traffic quite nicely with MSFS live traffic, AIG’s library are not optimised for that. They are meant to use pre-compiled flight schedules. Otherwise, you will see weird mis-matched models taking place for live traffic (e.g. A380 Emirates for A320 Jetstar).

Thank you for the screenshots. But I never could manage to get AIG with working contrails… All other AI traffic tools do this, but AIG never did. Because I got the same answer back then, that you gave me now, I even completely uninstalled AIG and reloaded everything again, but to no avail.

That is weird. I guess, I might give it a try out of curiosity. Mabye some update did the trick for my PC.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.