Does Anyone Ever See Real-Time-Online Traffic at KSFO?

I’ve got the sim on both PC and Xbox and when I load C&D at KSFO, I never see anything there. The place is a ghost town.

I’ve toggled all the settings related to Real-Time Online traffic off/on, I’ve checked every spot where it can be enabled/disabled and I’ve clicked the Live Airport Activity button on the World Map and allowed the lists to populate.

I have nothing going on here, ever, on both my Xbox and my PC. I don’t even have static aircraft.

What gives?

Something wack is going on here, because this is KLAX right now, too:

The traffic in this sim has been very unsatisfactory for me. I read the forum and I see these photos of people with literal traffic jams on the taxiways and I get nothing.

How do I fix this?

I’m using SimpleTraffic with live traffic enabled UAL2 (and not clearing the runway) just landed UAL1780 is about to take off, Delta1311 just had a go round (see UAL2)

Dig that awesome frame rate huh

1 Like

Right, but with no traffic add-on (Simple Traffic), would you have traffic?

Because, I’ve go no traffic-related add-ons installed.

(Yeah, the KSFO framerate is deluxe…)

…and if the issue is me (my system), what can I do to fix it?!

With SimpleTraffic disabled some but less …

Man, then what is going on with my systems that I can’t get this to work?

It makes no sense, if I see traffic in the world map, you’d expect I have a connection to the traffic servers.

And UAL1234 is a real plane

Ok, this is weird. I just loaded back into KSFO and I see the same aircraft that you see.

Is it my initial load in (first time of session i.e. boot of the sim) that i get nothing?

I should load KLAX and see what goes on there.

1 Like

Well, I’ve got one aircraft at KLAX. I, suppose, that is better than zero, but the whole airport still looks ridiculously empty.

I don’t get it.

There is definitely something not right with the live traffic system.

EDIT:

I’ve not quit the sim. I’ve just been loading into KSFO and KLAX and a small rural airport, KOVE.

This is what I see now at KSFO:

I went to KPHL yesterday and had the same issue. If you leave it on for a while, planes do start to show up but VERY slowly. My guess is an issue with where MSFS gets to live data to populate other traffic.
I am hoping that Just Flight gets their FS Traffic application out soon and it makes things easier. The app was pretty good in X-Plane at populating live traffic (airlines).

So, I jumped onto my Xbox (where I do 99% of my flying) and here’s what I see:

Note the green aircraft landing at KSFO 28R and another aircraft SE of the airport over the bay:

Yet, here is what I get when I click Live Airport Activity (yes, I’m waiting for it to populate — it doesn’t)

I spend a lot of my time flying around the SF bay area but I usually only have multiplayer traffic turned on so I can’t say what has been happening recently but when I’ve had live traffic on I often see planes landing at SFO but not much moving or parked on the ground.

I’m getting a fair amount of live traffic at LAX. I’ve included a few screenshots, and while I was working on them, two more live traffic A/C landed and another one took off. Maybe just good luck…
Regards

1 Like