Does anyone know if there is a Boeing CH-47 Chinook being made for msfs?

does anyone know if there is an Chinook being made for msfs?

1 Like

Hi @ItsMarkiepro, I’ve moved you topic into #gd-interests:aircraft which is more appropriate :+1:

1 Like

not yet afaik. give it time. I’m sure developers are hard at work at this very moment trying to get the new helicopter physics just right.

That said, i think a sh*thook will take extra time due the unique double rotor mechanics. If flying them in Arma has taught me anything remotely close to the ch47 it’s that it flies like a brick since there’s no conventional anti-torque

2 Likes

I´m looking forward to that too, for the CH-53 and the Sea King as well. We need some heavies and we need some sling loading operations.

Cheers

1 Like

I’m betting Blackbird / MilViz are the team to do this for us. They have one for FSX / P3D already.

Would be great. But needs to come with some rescue missions, so I guess HPG should do this one next :wink:

1 Like

What we need is a generic tool that generates missions or spawns objects in the scenery in real time, like HPG does, but can be also used with any helicopter, instead of being bound to the script that works with one model only. It has no sense that we can´t load passengers at random locations with the Bell 407 for instance or that we couldn´t load cargos with the heavy helicopters also at random locations. This has to be unified in some way.

I like the random tasks concept during free flight or at certain waypoints of your flight plan because it allows a lot of flexibility without having to be depending on a fixed mission approach with objectives already defined and played always the same way.

Cheers

NeoFly pretty much does this.

It’s on the way for DCS :saluting_face::sunglasses:

not only the physics… as we can see with the Bell 407 and if we compare with the Bell 206, then we know that some other things are missing in the MSFS-heli-base ( e.g. that cause the throttle issue in the bell ).

But in generally yes… we should give them time and it also need time to create new models.

By the way… with the KA-10M we have allready a double-helix helicopter in MSFS and its not expensive , mostly fun and may be a better start for absolut heli-beginners because the pedals isnt important like for a “normal” helicoper. Of course its nothing with “MSFS flight model”.

PS: ArmA3… some so called flight-sims can learn a lot from that 20years old engine :slight_smile:

As Kamov was mentioned, small notice - current MSFS helicopters FM does not support two main rotors simulation. Even if Ka10 has two rotors visually, in fact there is only one, which RPM is higher about 70% than should be just to keep it in the air.

This trick will not work so well with CH-47 or similar helicopter as rotors placed far away from each other. Waiting Asobo to fix it in close future.

2 Likes

The Miltechsim V-22 Osprey has the same problem. All non airplane flight is done with custom code.

It looks from the dev update today that a $20 hinook has been released by Mscenery. No idea what it’s like.

:eyes: :eyes:

1 Like