Does the JF Arrow III require the G-530 mod to operate correctly?

Hi,

Can anyone advise if I should use the mod?
Thanks

Not required, but definitely recommended.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll see if I can figure out how to get it.

I use it with no issues.

1 Like

Hi,

I downloaded the mod into the community folder and its much improved. Thank you! I do have a question: I am using it on the JF Arrow III, and when i load it ready to fly the 530 is alive; but when I select cold and dark I cannot get it turned on although everything else is awake. I can’t find a touch spot for power.
Also when flying i note a bit of wavering in that the plane does not hold a perfect heading, about every 5 minutes it does a course correction to the left; then another 5 and small correction to the right. Perhaps its the AP, or the Arrow, or just me? Greatly appreciate your help on all of my previous questions!!!

1 Like

For the 530, are you updated to the most recent version 0.3.0? Did you try turning up the volume knob on the 530? If you have the jpl 152 mod it inadvertently messes with some things.

For the swaying, check out this post https://community.justflight.com/topic/1915/altitude-hold-severe-jitter you’ll see my post with a fix. JF should hopefully have this sorted in the next update.

I can’t speak for the 530 as mine is working properly.

But this is the effect of the AP NAV mode. It doesn’t do this in HDG mode. It will constantly zig-zag back, and forth along the course, probably because it is overcorrecting. Anecdotally I’ve read here that the AP in the Arrow is not very good so this may be accurate modelling. I believe @Coppersens took the AP config from another plane. the G36(?), and transplanted those settings into the Arrow.

Thanks WeptB! You guys are so far ahead of me with this stuff. I read your solution and will wait to see what JF does to fix it. Not sure how I check the version of the 530? And does the volume knob also turn on the power?

OK so it’s probably the Arrow AP. I’ll give HDG a try on the next flight. Appreciate the clarification!!

1 Like

The powered down issue with the gn530 is nothing to do with the mod or the Arrow it is a generic sim bug. It occurs in the Mooney and other aircraft and occurs whether you have the mod or not.

If you start a flight and it is powered down, restart the flight. if it is powered down restart again. Eventually you will get lucky and it will turn on. Restarting is annoying but the only way around it.

1 Like

Gosh, I thought one time from cold and dark that it powered up when i turned on BAT and avionics; then last 2 times it didn’t that’s why i posted. So sims fault; i’ll follow your suggestions and keep trying!

My fault, didn’t word that very well. Version 0.3.0 of the plane, the latest release.

I have the latest version and it works fine! Thanks. Today I downloaded the pms50 GTN750 and extracted into the community folder. Seems I read somewhere that the latest Arrow update provided for the GTN??? However I don’t see that selection on the tablet. Is there something i need to do, or am I wrong about using the GTN? Thanks for advice!!

You should just need the latest Arrow and a minimum of the basic 750 for it to show as an option.

1 Like

Thanks! Ill check it tomorrow. I thought i had the latest Arrow, but will take a look.